These Flourless Chocolate Chip Zucchini Muffins are so fluffy, tender and delicious that you’ll never miss the gluten, dairy or any of the refined sugars.
Hey Guys!!! What’s your blood type? I’ve been researching blood type as it relates to weight loss, energy and the resolution of health issues. It appears that there are certain foods that can help some thrive and others flounder when it comes to blood type. Hubby and I decided to give blood last week because its the right thing to do and also to find out our blood types. Hubby has nice juicy veins as some would describe and my veins are so small that they wouldn’t dare even take a chance on me. Needless to say, hubby gave his pint but they sent me a-packing to my doctors office with those itsy bitsy baby butterfly needles.
I found out the next day that I’m O+, which is the most popular. Based on my research, the O+ blood type thrives on red meat, seafood, kale, spinach and broccoli just to name a few. Also discovered that I should also be avoiding wheat and most dairy. Wow! What a punch in the gut for a foodie like me as I love my bread and cheese!! Remember when I gave up gluten for a bit of time last year? Well, I was definitely on the right track. Go figure!!!
So that’s where these Flourless Chocolate Chip Zucchini Muffins come in!!! These Flourless Chocolate Chip Zucchini Muffins are so light, fluffy and you’ll never even miss that they’re gluten free, dairy free, refined sugar free and even paleo in some cases. I’ve tested them a couple times and I can’t stop enjoying them. They are just perfect with my morning cup of tea or even my morning cup of bone broth!!
So how are you thriving? God’s best is for us to thrive in every area of our lives, not just survive. We do this by being in the place that God has called us. In order to thrive, we need to be in position to receive God’s best. Like Paul states in Philippians 4:11-13 (NLT), “Not that I was ever in need, for I have learned how to be content with whatever I have. I know how to live on almost nothing or with everything. I have learned the secret of living in every situation, whether it is with a full stomach or empty, with plenty or little. For I can do everything through Christ, who gives me strength.” Amen??? Say Grace and enjoy!!
- Streusel Topping
- ⅔ c. gluten free oats (leave out to keep paleo)
- ½ c. date sugar
- 2 T. almond flour
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ c. grass fed butter or ghee (for dairy free), cold
- ¼ c. dairy free chocolate chips
- Chocolate Chip Zucchini Muffins
- 2 large eggs
- 8-10 T. pure maple syrup
- ¼ c. coconut oil
- ¾ c. grated zucchini
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 c. almond flour
- ¼ c. coconut flour
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. kosher salt
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. nutmeg
- ¾ c. dairy free chocolate chips
- ¾ c. chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and place 12 cupcake liners in a 12 count cupcake pan.
- Make the streusal by mixing the oats, date sugar, almond flour and cinnamon in a small bowl. Use your hands to create a coarse crumbly topping. Stir in ¼ c. chocolate chips.
- Whisk together the eggs, maple syrup, coconut oil, zucchini and vanilla in a small bowl until combined. Set aside.
- Toss the flours, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg and ¾ c. chocolate chips and walnuts in a medium bowl.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and mix until well combined. Do not overmix.
- Scoop batter into the 12 cupcake wells and place into preheated oven for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and top each muffin with the streusal. Return to the oven for 10 more minutes or until inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow muffins to cool in the pan for at least 5 minutes before removing. Say Grace and enjoy!!
Inspired by Sally’s Baking Addiction