This Slow Cooker Cajun 15 Bean Soup Recipe is hearty, spicy and just the perfect winter stick-to-your-ribs comfort dish.
Happy New Year, Guys!! How were your celebrations? As always, we bring the New Year in inside the House of God. It was such a good Word shared with us about this year. I’m so thankful and grateful to God for 2018 – The Year of Holy Ghost & Fire. I must admit that I was a little discouraged at the bottom of 2017 but the Word of the Lord for 2018 has revived my spirit. So excited about what God has in store!! What about you?
Hubby always likes to keep it southern style for the New Year so we enjoyed his Favorite Beef Neck Bones, Turnip & Mustard Greens, Pinto Beans, Hot Water Cornbread and this yummy Cajun 15 Bean Soup Recipe. I used the Slow Cooker because all of the eyes on the stove were taken. I popped it on overnight and it was ready to go the next day. This spicy Cajun 15 Bean Soup Recipe uses my DIY Cajun Seasoning and is full of flavor and has just enough kick to keep things exciting and spicy!
This hearty Cajun 15 Bean Soup Recipe uses a Hurst’s HamBeens 15 Bean Soup Mix, which has northern, pinto, lima, garbanzo, baby lima, green split, kidney, white, pink, red, yellow, lentil, navy, kidney, and black beans. What makes it even more hearty is the thick cut bacon, Aidell’s Cajun Style Andouille Sausage, and leftover Honey Baked Ham!! Super yummy and delicious!! Say Grace and enjoy!!
Cajun 15 Bean Soup Recipe
- 8 cups water for soaking beans
- 1 bag 20-ounce 15-bean mix (discard any seasoning packet or reserve for another use, if desired)
- 1 lg. onion diced
- 1 lg. red bell pepper diced
- 2 celery stalks diced
- 6 cloves garlic minced
- 7 cups chicken bone broth
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 tablespoons Cajun seasoning
- 1 can 15-ounce diced fire-roasted tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons roasted chicken base
- 6 Aidell's Cajun Style Andouille Sausage halved and sliced
- 1/2 lb. HoneyBakedHam Slices diced
- 4 slices thick cut bacon cooked and chopped
- chopped fresh parsley garnish
- Soak sorted beans overnight in about 8 cups of water.
- Combine beans, onion, red bell pepper, celery, garlic, chicken bone broth, cajun seasoning (no salt) and bay leaves in a slow cooker. Cook 6 hours on high or 12 hours on low.
- When the beans have approximately 1 hour to go on high or 2 hours to go on low, tomatoes, tomato paste, sausage, ham and bacon. Cover and complete cycle.
- Remove and discard bay leaf. Add salt to taste and garnish with parsley. Say Grace and enjoy!!
Adapted from A Chef’s Kitchen