Cajun 15 Bean Soup Recipe
This Cajun 15 Bean Soup Recipe is hearty, spicy and just the perfect winter stick-to-your-ribs comfort dish.
Prep Time8 hrs
Cook Time8 hrs
Total Time16 hrs
- 8 cups water for soaking beans
- 1 bag 20-ounce 15-bean mix (discard any seasoning packet or reserve for another use, if desired)
- 1 lg. onion diced
- 1 lg. red bell pepper diced
- 2 celery stalks diced
- 6 cloves garlic minced
- 7 cups chicken bone broth
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 tablespoons Cajun seasoning
- 1 can 15-ounce diced fire-roasted tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons roasted chicken base
- 6 Aidell's Cajun Style Andouille Sausage halved and sliced
- 1/2 lb. HoneyBakedHam Slices diced
- 4 slices thick cut bacon cooked and chopped
- chopped fresh parsley garnish
Soak sorted beans overnight in about 8 cups of water.
Combine beans, onion, red bell pepper, celery, garlic, chicken bone broth, cajun seasoning (no salt) and bay leaves in a slow cooker. Cook 6 hours on high or 12 hours on low.
When the beans have approximately 1 hour to go on high or 2 hours to go on low, tomatoes, tomato paste, sausage, ham and bacon. Cover and complete cycle.
Remove and discard bay leaf. Add salt to taste and garnish with parsley. Say Grace and enjoy!!