Happy Valentine’s Day!!! How are you celebrating? With lots and lots of chocolate and decadence?!?!?!? I’d usually be celebrating with Oven Fried Chicken and Red Velvet Waffles, Red Velvet Cupcakes or maybe even Decadent Triple Chocolate Poke Cake but this year I’m keeping it light with this delicious Winter Fruit Salad Recipe. I just can’t get enough of it as I’m enjoying it on the daily!!
This yummy Winter Fruit Salad is such a hit in that it has sweet mandarins, kiwis, pears, apples and pomegranate seeds. It then gets tossed with a simplistic honey lemon-lime dressing. It’s super light and these winter fruit choices are just perfect when you can’t get a hold of some of those favorite summer fruits. The entire family including the grand babies just loved it!!
As you celebrate Valentine’s Day with your loved ones, I pray that you delight yourself in the Lord and know that He will give you the desires of your heart according to Psalm 37:4. He is certainly faithful over His Word. Have a wonderful Valentine’s Day! Say Grace and enjoy!!
Winter Fruit Salad Recipe
- 5 Mandarins, peeled and separated
- 2 pears peeled, cored and sliced
- 2 apples peeled, cored and sliced
- 1 1/2 c pomegranate seeds to get 1 to 1½ cups arils or seeds
- 4 kiwis peeled and sliced
Lemon Lime Syrup:
- 3 T honey
- 2 T fresh lime juice
- 2 T fresh lemon juice
- In a large mixing bowl combine all fruit.
- Combine honey, lemon juice and lime juice, until mixed well.
- Pour dressing over fruit and toss well. Say Grace and enjoy!!