This ultimate grilled cheese sandwich loaded with sharp white cheddar, gooey Gouda, Parmesan and thick cut bacon makes for the perfect accompaniment to your velvety tomato soup lunch.
Who doesn’t just love a comforting grilled cheese sandwich???? The tasty combinations are endless and honestly what’s better than gooey cheese, crusty bread and velvety butter?!?!?! I was a huge grilled cheese with bacon fan growing up and as I grew older, I love experimenting with different cheese combinations and this Ultimate Grilled Cheese Sandwich that I popped into my panini press is sure to please! My granddaughter Tianna fell in love with it! She even helped me with these pics. 🙂
This Ultimate Grilled Cheese Sandwich is loaded with white cheddar, Gouda, and Parmesan cheeses. The thick cut bacon is simply a must as it makes the sandwich so hearty and filling. I love how fast my panini press pulls everything together. No need to flip and it’s ready in under 4 minutes. Be sure to dunk this Ultimate Grilled Cheese Sandwich into my Homemade Tomato Soup for the perfect lunch combo!!!
Speaking of comfort…are you searching? Just want to let you know that the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob wants to be your Comforter if you’ll allow Him. Won’t you let Him in? He sent His Son, Jesus just for you! Pray this simple prayer, “Dear Heavenly Father, I am a sinner. Forgive me for my sins Lord. I believe Jesus Christ is Your Son and that He died for my sins and You raised Him from the dead. I want to invite Him into my heart to take control of my life. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.” Say Grace and enjoy!
Ultimate Grilled Cheese Sandwich
- 8 slices thick-cut bacon cooked and roughly chopped
- 1/2 c. mayo
- 2 T. Dijon mustard
- 2 T. shredded Parmesan cheese shredded
- 8 slices sourdough bread
- salted butter at room temperature, for spreading on bread
- 1 c. shredded Gouda
- 1 c. shredded sharp white Cheddar
- In a small bowl, combine Gouda and Cheddar. Set aside.
- Combine mayo, DiJon, and Parmesan in a small bowl. Spread each slice of bread with butter on one side. On the other side, spread each slice with the mayo mixture.
- Arranged bacon evenly on half the slices of bread (the side without mayo). Place 1/2 cup grated cheese on top of the bacon and top with the remaining bread slices that have the mayo mixture
- Preheat an electric panini press. When the press is hot, cook the sandwiches for about 3 minutes in batches until the bread is toasty and the cheese is gooey. Cut in half and serve immediately.
Looking for more delicious grilled cheese ideas? Try my Grilled Cheese With Smoked Pulled Beef and my Grilled Nutella & Cheese Croissant.