These Spicy Kale Chips are the perfect nutritious snack for any time of the day!
Ugggh!!! I have gained so much weight!! I craved sugar by the boatloads this time. I just couldn’t get enough of my Flourless Zucchini Chocolate Chip Muffins, Paleo Morning Glory Muffins, Paleo Lemon Blueberry Pancakes and Paleo Chocolate Chip Cookies.
Snacking was HUGE and nothing was ever sweet enough. Now I’m surely paying the price for tossing that Galatians 5:23 Self Control right out the window along with that fitbit that held me accountable. I’m excited to share that I’m back on the right track!!! Praise the Lord that I can do all things through Christ!
So I thought I’d show you what I’ve been eating lately to tighten things up a bit. Spicy Kale Chips!! I know this 2013 trend has quickly fizzled this year but it sure helps with the snack attacks!!! Instead of reaching for a sweetened muffin, I now enjoy these yummy Spicy Kale Chips. Hubby fought the idea tooth and nail until I told him how good they are for us. Now he enjoys tender baby kale in my Roasted Beet & Baby Kale and my Fried Chicken & Triple Baby Kale salads but the idea of dried tougher kale was just not appeasing. He eventually said they were not so bad and a much healthier choice than his nightly movie theater popcorn ritual. I think you would agree. Say Grace and enjoy!!
Spicy Kale Chips Recipe
- 1 small curly kale bunch ribs removed and torn
- 2 T. olive oil
- ½ tsp. chili powder
- ½ tsp. cumin
- Pink Himalayan Salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees
- Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Place torn kale on one baking sheet.
- Pour over the olive oil and sprinkle with chili powder and cumin. Toss and rub leaves to mix well.
- Arrange kale on both baking sheets; allowing space between the leaves. Bake for about 20-25 minutes; watching so they don't burn.
- Sprinkle with salt to taste. Allow to cool for 30 minutes. Say Grace and enjoy!!