These sweet and smoky maple bacon wrapped wings are so full of flavor and are sure to be a winning hit at your next family gathering!!
Happy Wednesday Guys! A couple weeks ago, I asked everyone on facebook to pick two of their favorite appetizers. Well, (not surprisingly) chicken wings came in first place with nachos landing a close 2nd so I decided to put a twist on chicken wings and show you how to make maple bacon wrapped wings this week. After all, this coming Saturday is International Bacon Day, right!!
HOW TO MAKE MAPLE BACON WRAPPED WINGS
You guys know how much I love all things bacon right? I mean from my fried corn recipe to my loaded corn on the cob recipe to my how to make maple bacon donuts post, it’s evident right? Bacon certainly makes everything better in my honest opinion.
But let me be very clear, I don’t just eat any ole kind of bacon. Lol! It must be sliced thick and it must be free pasture-raised bacon! After all, you are what you eat. Lol! These pigs live outside in fields, eat green plants & acorns and are just happier than their counterparts due to their healthier environment.
Their also higher in Vitamin D because of all of that outdoor life in the sunshine. These pigs also have more Omega 3’s than their factory-farmed cousins. SCORE!!! So their you have it! If you’re gonna eat pork, make sure it’s CLEAN pork!! 🙂
According to Romans 14:14, Paul states, “I know, and am persuaded by the Lord Jesus, that there is nothing unclean of itself: but to him that esteemeth any thing to be unclean, to him it is unclean.” So what are your thoughts on eating pork? Would love for you to chime in!!! I do draw the line at chitlins by the way!!! Lol!!
Now let’s get back to this how to make maple bacon wrapped wings recipe. The smoky flavorful bacon keeps the chicken wings moist and absorbs all of the delicious flavors of the simple and easy maple bbq sauce. They get tossed into the oven until the bacon is crisps and the chicken is golden and full of flavor. This recipe can also be easily adapted for a low carb diet as noted. I hope you’ll try them. Have a happy International Bacon Day!!! Say Grace and enjoy folks!!
How To Make Maple Bacon Wrapped Wings
- 3 lbs drummette wing dings
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- Thick cut bacon cut into thirds enough thirds to wrap wings
Maple BBQ Sauce
- 1/2 c favorite bbq sauce keto/low carb if you like
- 1/4 c maple syrup or Choc Zero for keto
- 2 T apple cider vinegar
- 2 T brown sugar Lankato for keto
- 1 tsp Worcestershire
- 2 T butter
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- Mix ingredients for sauce in a saucepan over low heat until warmed through and melted.
- Mix garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper and season wings liberally. Wrap each drummette with 1/3 bacon slice.
- Place wings on baking sheet (bacon seam side down) lined with foil or parchment and oiled.
- Brush wings with most of the sauce without cross contaminating. Bake for about 45 minutes or until wings are done and bacon is crisp. Brush again with remaining sauce and serve.
Adapted from Delish