This quick and easy Apricot Chicken Recipe is sweet, savory and just perfect for that busy weeknight dinner.
I remember so long ago when I first started learning how to cook…this was one of the first recipes I learned to make. A childhood friend’s mom taught me how to make it and it’s been a favorite dish of mine for so long. I can’t believe that I’ve never posted it after all of this time.
Ingredients in Apricot Chicken Recipe
All these ingredients to make apricot chicken are super simple can can easily be found in most grocery stores. Here’s what you need:
- Chicken – We prefer wings but you can use any chicken parts
- Apricot preserves (or apricot jam)
- Catalina salad dressing
- Dried french onion soup mix
- Spices: salt & pepper (to taste), garlic powder, crushed red pepper flakes, smoked paprika
This Apricot Chicken Recipe is loaded with flavor and just so easy peasy because it’s made with just a few simple ingredients. Apricot Preserves, Catalina salad dressing, and French Onion Soup are the heavy hitters in this easy recipe. I add garlic powder, crushed red pepper, butter and smoked paprika for additional flavor.
It’s highly requested in our family and with all the hustle and bustle, I love making meals that come together super fast nowadays. Just like the Pan Seared Pineapple Salmon. I make it weekly because it’s so easy to toss together.
We’ve been talking a lot about Christ centered hospitality and this is a perfect dish to spread love and joy. Remember that Christ Centered hospitality is effortless.
It’s meant to meet the needs of the people and demonstrates the character of Jesus in the earth. It’s keeping your eyes and ears peeled seeking ways to show the love of Jesus in the earth.
It’s building in time for the unexpected needs of others.
It’s making a double batch and delivering it to that neighbor that just had a baby, someone who lost a loved one or someone who needs a word of encouragement due to circumstance.
It’s inviting others to taste and feel that the Lord is good.
I certainly hope you’ll try this super Simple Apricot Chicken Recipe!!! Serve it with rice or potatoes and a simple salad. I encourage you to use it to be the hands and feet of Jesus in the earth. Say Grace and enjoy!!
Apricot Chicken Recipe
- 4 lbs chicken wings
- 1 1/4 c Apricot Preserves
- 1 1/4 c Catalina Dressing
- 1 ounce dried French Onion Soup
- 2 tsp garlic
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper
- 1/2 stick butter
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- In a medium bowl, combine apricot preserves, catalina dressing, french onion soup, garlic and crushed red pepper. Set aside.
- Season chicken wings to taste with kosher salt and pepper
- Add wings to a dutch oven and pour apricot sauce over the chicken.
- Top with pats of butter
- Cover with lid of dutch oven and roast 1 hour.
- Remove from the oven and spoon sauce over chicken. Sprinkle chicken with smoked paprika to help with browning.
- Place back in the oven uncovered for 10-15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and serve with mashed potatoes or rice. Say Grace and enjoy!
Adapted from Doris Graham
Love Apricot flavor. Try my Apricot Cornish Hen recipe!!