This game day favorite is loaded with traditional buffalo chicken flavors all wrapped in a yummy cheesy slider!!
Who doesn’t love a good ol’ spicy buffalo chicken wing with a side of blue cheese or ranch dressing for dipping?!?!? Most of the time, they’re fried, crispy and just plain delicious!! I thought I’d take a shot at lightening up this traditional, yummy appetizer and putting it in slider form. Now I don’t claim to be a health guru/nut so this is only slightly lightened up, guys! You’re welcome! I do what I can! 🙂
I ran across a recipe for Cheesy Party Burgers from a fellow blogger and decided to make them for a party. They were a HUGE hit with everyone! I started thinking about how I would adapt it for the blog and immediately buffalo chicken came to mind. Probably because it’s such a big favorite for me. I’m a spicy kinda girl, if you know what I mean! Again, I blame that Aunt of mine who put me on spicy foods at the ripe age of 4. Yep! It’s always been an innate desire of mine since preschool! SPICE IS NICE if you will!! Thank you Auntie Gail! 🙂
Love Buffalo flavors???? Be sure to check out my other Buffalo Chicken Sandwich with a Gorgonzola Slaw and my Twice Baked Buffalo Chicken Potatoes!!!
Party Buffalo Chicken Sliders
- 1 1 lb. bone-in, skin-on chicken breast
- 2 1/4 lb. bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs
- 4 T. extra virgin olive oil divided
- 3 T. ranch seasoning divided
- 2 c. onion diced (1/2 lg. onion)
- 1 c. carrots diced (about 4)
- 1 c. celery diced (about 2 stalks)
- 1/2 c. hot sauce
- 2 T. butter
- 1 c. shredded fontina
- 1 c. shredded Moneterey jack
- 1/4 c. gorgonzola
- 12 dinner rolls split in half
- 1 T. butter
- 1 stick butter
- 2 T. brown sugar
- 1 T. worcestershire
- 1 scallion chopped for garnish
- Place chicken breast and thighs on a baking sheet, drizzle with 2 T. extra virgin olive oil and sprinkle both sides of the meat with 1 T. of ranch seasoning.
- Roast in a 375 degree oven for 20 minutes or until juices run clear in thighs. Place breast back in the oven for 15-20 minutes more or until juices run clear.
- When cool enough to handle, remove from the bones and then remove the skin. Shred and set aside.
- Turn the oven down to 350 degrees.
- While the chicken is roasting, heat a large pan over medium-high heat. Add 2 T. of olive oil along with onion, carrots, and celery. Sprinkle with 2 T. of ranch seasoning and saute for about 7 minutes or until the onions are translucent.
- Add the shredded chicken, hot sauce and butter to the pan and stir to combine.
- Butter a 9X13 casserole and place the bottom halves of the buns in the dish.
- Top with the shredded chicken mixture, the cheeses and the top bun.
- In a saucepan, combine the glaze ingredients until completed melted. Pour over the buns and cover tightly with foil.
- Place in the oven for 20 minutes. Then uncover and bake for an additional 5 minutes. Garnish with scallions. Say Grace and enjoy!!
Inspired by Kevin and Amanda’s Cheesy Party Burgers