America’s favorite cookie baked in a yummy breakfast muffin!
I attend a Michigan based orthotic and prosthetic conference for work every year where they serve Oreo muffins for breakfast. I always eat one or two and then I take one home to enjoy on the two and a half hour car ride home. Oreos are one of my favorite cookies and an excuse to eat them for breakfast, works just fine for me. If you know me, then you know I take no guilt in having chocolate in any form for breakfast. After enjoying these muffins for three years in a row at the conference, now I have the perfect platform to recreate them. 🙂 I used a homemade yellow cake mix recipe and added the yummy cookies to the batter. Super simple to make and a great companion to that morning cup of joe! If you’re an Oreo Lover, you’ll enjoy these for mornings to come!
The BEST part of the Oreo for me is always the yummy filling! It’s the very heart of the Oreo, if you will. Let me ask you this, is your heart filled with the very fullness of God? His Word says,17 That Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith; that ye, being rooted and grounded in love, 18 May be able to comprehend with all saints what is the breadth, and length, and depth, and height; 19 And to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with all the fulness of God. Ephesians 3:17-19 (KJV). Did you know that God’s love is so great for us and He commands us to walk in love towards others? What’s in your Oreo (heart) today?
Let’s start by creaming 1 stick of room temperature unsalted butter in an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment for a couple minutes. While creaming the butter, sift 2 and 1/4 cups of cake flour, 1 and 1/2 cups of sugar, 3 and 1/2 tsp. of baking powder, and 1 tsp. salt into a medium bowl. Pour your dry mixture into your mixing bowl and mix for about 30 seconds. Be sure to scrap down the sides and the bottom of the bowl. Add 1 and 1/4 cups of room temperature whole milk, 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil, vanilla beans scraped from an entire bean, 3 room temperature eggs and mix on medium-high for one minute . Rough chop 20 cookies and stir into the batter. Pour batter into 18 muffin cups (about 3/4 of the way full). Bake at 375 degrees for about 15 -17 minutes. While baking, rough chop 4 more Oreos and sprinkle on the muffins about half way through baking time. Say Grace and enjoy!
Simple Oreo Muffins
- 1 stick unsalted butter room temperature
- 2 and 1/4 cups cake flour
- 1 and 1/2 cups sugar
- 3 and 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 and 1/4 cups whole milk room temperature
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 vanilla bean seeds scraped
- 3 eggs room temperature
- 24 Oreo cookies divided
- Cream butter in an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment for a couple minutes.
- While creaming the butter, sift flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt into a medium bowl.
- Pour your dry mixture into your mixing bowl and mix for about 30 seconds. Be sure to scrap down the sides and the bottom of the bowl.
- Add milk, vegetable oil, vanilla beans, and eggs. Mix on medium-high for one minute .
- Rough chop 20 Oreos and stir into the batter.
- Pour batter into 18 muffin cups (about 3/4 of the way full).
- Bake at 375 degrees for about 15 -17 minutes.
- While baking, rough chop 4 more Oreos and sprinkle on the muffins about half way through baking time. Say Grace and enjoy!
Adapted from I Am Baker’s Homemade Yellow Cake Mix