This Homemade Tomato Soup Recipe is the ultimate comfort food and is served best with a yummy grilled cheese sandwich for dipping.
How was your Thanksgiving? I hope you got to spend some time with your family and friends. What about Black Friday and Cyber Monday? Did you find some great deals? For the first time in a while, I shopped at home online. It was nice to be relaxed and shop with my fingers this year. I even did a Cyber Special for my online Kitchen Boutique. I hope you were able to spot some cute finds!
Today, I thought I’d take things all the way back to childhood. I posted a Homemade Tomato Soup Recipe and Grilled Cheese GIF on facebook and it almost went viral for my page. I recognized that people really wanted a Homemade Tomato Soup Recipe. So here we are!!! There is something about dipping that grilled to perfection cheese sandwich and dipping it into creamy, luscious Homemade Tomato Soup Recipe. It’s pure comfort at it’s best!!! I call it a warm tight hug in a bowl!!! Are you searching for comfort? Just want to let you know that Jesus wants to be your Comforter if you’ll allow Him. Won’t you let Him in? He’s waiting just for you!
This Homemade Tomato Soup Recipe is such a breeze to make. I used San Marzano canned tomatoes. The San Marzano tomato has fewer seeds, and the taste is stronger, sweeter and less acidic than the common Roma tomato. It comes together quickly by using an immersion blender right in your stockpot. I also used Chicken Bone Broth to aid in digestion and detoxification. Be sure to use your best grilled cheese for dipping into this Homemade Tomato Soup. Say Grace and enjoy!!
Homemade Tomato Soup Recipe
- 1 T olive oil extra virgin
- 5 T butter unsalted
- 1 medium sweet onion
- kosher salt to taste
- 2 garlic cloves
- pinch crushed red pepper
- 28 oz can whole peeled tomatoes San Marzano
- 1.5 cups chicken bone broth
- 2 T sugar granulated
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- black pepper to taste
- extra virgin olive oil garnish
- basil leaves garnish
- Parmesan cheese garnish
- heavy whipping cream garnish
- Place a medium Dutch oven over medium-low heat and add the olive oil and butter. After the butter is melted, add the onion and a nice pinch of salt. Cook until the onion is completely soft, about 15 minutes. Add the garlic and red pepper flakes and cook for 5 minutes more, being sure not to burn the garlic.
- Increase the heat to medium and add the canned to the pan. Crush the tomatoes with a wooden utensil and cook for about 10 minutes. Add the bone broth and bring to a simmer. Cook on medium until the tomatoes fall apart, maybe 15 minutes.
- Remove the soup from the heat and cool for 10 minutes. using an immersion blender, purée the soup directly in the Dutch Oven until smooth.
- Return the soup to the stove over low heat and stir in the cream. Add black pepper, and adjust the seasonings as needed. Garnish with the basil, Parmesan cheese, cream and/or croutons. Serve with your best grilled cheese sandwich. Say Grace and enjoy!
Adapted from Chowhound