This easy cajun cabbage recipe is low carb , full of flavor and on the table in less than 30 minutes!!
Happy New Year Friends! So excited about 2020 – The Year of Restoration. I don’t know about you but I am ready to see an overflow of relationships, positions and things that I may have THOUGHT was completely lost. I’m putting myself in position to be in the right place to experience God’s best in every area of my life. What about you?
Today, I’m sharing an Easy Cajun Cabbage recipe that has been near and dear to my heart for the past few months. I’ve adopted a low carb lifestyle over the last few months to get some of this excessive 40’s, mid section and baby weight that I’ve put on and boy do I feel so much better already 22 pounds lighter!
How To Make Cajun Cabbage
This cajun cabbage is cheesy, spicy and so full of flavor that you won’t be able to resist! It’s hard to believe that it’s low carb and the best part is that I’m not so bloated after enjoying and entire bowl of it. It’s ready in under 30 minutes so you can’t beat that for a great weeknight dinner. I hope your taste buds are ready to enjoy this easy cajun cabbage recipe this week. Say Grace and enjoy!
Easy Cajun Cabbage Recipe
- 1 small cabbage chopped
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 orange bell pepper diced
- 1 yellow bell pepper diced
- 1 sweet onion diced
- 1 T minced garlic
- 10 oz diced tomatoes with green chiles
- 2 tsp cajun seasoning
- 1 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 8 oz cream cheese cubed
- 2/3 c whipping cream
- 2 c shredded cheddar cheese
- kosher salt to taste
- In a large pan, brown the ground beef over medium heat and drain well.
- After the beef has browned add in the sweet peppers and onions. Saute until tender for about 7 minutes.
- Add cabbage and then tomatoes. Allow to cook down for about 5 minutes.
- While the cabbage is cooking down, make the cheese sauce. In a small saucepan over low heat, combine, cream cheese and whipping cream. Once melted and combined, turn off the heat and add in the shredded cheese. Stir until melted.
- Pour cheese sauce mixture over cabbage and combine well.
- Reduce the heat to low medium and let simmer for 10 minutes
- Say Grace and enjoy!!
Adapted from I Heart Recipes