This Very Berry Sweet Tea infused with a strawberry, raspberry, blueberry and blackberry puree is the perfect compliment to your end of summer festivities!!
Growing up, we always had a pitcher of sweet tea in the fridge at any given moment and it was certainly a must with Sunday Dinner. It was the most refreshing drink EVER and it always made me think of home.
We didn’t really have a porch at my childhood house. It was more of a portico and I remember saying as a young girl…when I grow up, I’m gonna buy a house and drink sweet tea on the porch. Lol!!
HOW TO MAKE SWEET TEA
Not sure where the idea came from but the other day I finally enjoyed sweet tea on our porch with Jackson. 🙂 It was so nostalgic.
I try to have sweet tea available at every Sunday dinner but this week I wanted to make something different so I added a strawberry, raspberry, blueberry and blackberry puree and it was nothing short of DELISH. The whole fam loved this tea and thought it was great!!!
I love experimenting with different fruity flavors in my beverages like this mango lemonade and blackberry lemonade. This Very Berry Sweet Tea is a perfect compliment to your upcoming Labor Day cookouts. If you’re still looking for some menu ideas, here’s a great start! Say Grace and enjoy!!!
Very Berry Sweet Tea
- 1/2 c strawberries
- 1/2 c blueberries
- 1/2 c blackberries
- 1/2 c raspberries
- 2 extra large tea bags I use Luzianne
- 1 c sugar
- 8 c water divided
- Puree all fruit with either a blender, immersion blender or food processer. You should be left with about a cup of puree. Press puree through a sieve to remove most of the seeds. Pour into pitcher.
- Bring 4 cups of water to a boil in a large saucepan and remove from heat.
- Place 2 extra large tea bags into water and steep for just a few minutes. Remove tea bags. Add sugar and stir until completely dissolved. Allow to cool.
- Pour cooled tea over puree and stir well. Add remaining 4 cups of cold water and stir. Serve over ice. Say Grace and enjoy!!!
Inspired by Trisha Yearwood