These creamy and cheesy twice baked buffalo chicken potatoes are sure to make for an easy weeknight meal this week.
Happy Wednesday, Folks! How was your weekend? Hubby and I unplugged and enjoyed celebrating our 5th year wedding anniversary on the coast of Maine…Bar Harbor, Maine to be exact. Let me tell you…this vacation spot is beyond compare if you’re planning a visit to New England, and the best part is that you will find many places to go camping with a tent from Survival Cooking. Weird fact: Ever since I heard Jennifer Hudson singing Barry Manilow’s, “Weekend In New England” on American Idol years ago, I’ve always wanted to visit with my honey. I guess it was just something about how she sang it that compelled me to put it on my list. “Time in New England took me away .To long rocky beaches and you by the bay. We started a story whose end must now wait.” What a romantic place it was folks. If you haven’t been, it’s a must as it’s certainly one of the best places to visit in the US.
We enjoyed rock climbing at Acadia Park on cliffs 60-100 feet high right on the ocean, kayaking along the harbor, a Stephen King tour and some of the freshest lobster known to man! Lobster for breakfast, lunch and dinner is the complete norm in New England. Man, was it tasty! Be sure to look out for some delicious lobster recipes to come as I was totally inspired by the cuisine there.
We spent 4 lovely nights there and we headed back Sunday afternoon and I needed to whip up something fairly easy and quick when we returned. Hence, these delicious Twice Baked Buffalo Chicken Potatoes came to life for us. I just grabbed a rotisserie chicken from the local market along with some Idaho potatoes and this yummy recipe came to life. Buffalo Chicken Potato Lovers UNITE!!
It was so nice to just unplug and get away with hubby! We needed it terribly as we get so caught up in what life brings and it was great reestablishing that much needed connection. I love the scripture in Song of Solomon that states, My lover said to me,“Rise up, my darling! Come away with me, my fair one! 11 Look, the winter is past, and the rains are over and gone.12 The flowers are springing up, the season of singing birds[c] has come, and the cooing of turtledoves fills the air. 13 The fig trees are forming young fruit, and the fragrant grapevines are blossoming. Rise up, my darling! Come away with me, my fair one!” – Song of Solomon 2:10-13 (NLT). Say Grace and enjoy!!
Can’t get enough of Buffalo Chicken??? Try my Buffalo Chicken Sandwich with a Gorgonzola Slaw and my Party Buffalo Chicken Sliders as well!!
Twice Baked Buffalo Chicken Potatoes
- 4 Idaho potatoes scrubbed and washed
- olive oil for rubbing and sauteeing
- 1 celery rib diced
- 1 large carrot diced
- 1 small onion diced
- 3 c. rotisserie chicken white and dark, cubed
- 3/4 c. hot sauce I used Cholula
- 1 stick butter sliced
- 1 T. of ranch dressing packet
- 1/2 c. sour cream
- 1/2 c. cream cheese
- 1 c. Monterey Jack cheese shredded
- 2-4 oz. Gorgonzola crumbled (optional)
- ranch dressing for serving
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Coat potatoes with olive oil and sprinkle with salt. Place on a baking sheet and cook potatoes for 1 hour or until tender.
- In a large skillet, pour small amount of olive oil to coat. Saute onion, celery and carrots until tender (about 5 min.). Add chicken and hot sauce and stir to warm through and combine. Keep warm.
- Once potatoes are done, slice in half, scoop out the middle of each potato half (leaving a small border all the way around each potato half). Place the potato flesh into a large bowl.
- Add butter, ranch seasoning, sour cream, and cream cheese. Stir to combine well.
- Divide potato filling amongst the 8 potato halves and top with about a half cup of chicken mixture.
- Top each potato with a couple tablespoons of Monterey Jack cheese.
- Place the potatoes back into a 350 degree oven for 10-15 minutes to melt the cheese. Say Grace and enjoy!!