Sheet-Pan roasted shrimp and assorted veggies make for a healthy and delicious post-workout weeknight meal.
I know I’m a little behind but I finally finished my vision board for the year!! Yeaaaa!! It was my first time making one and it’s been so encouraging to see my spiritual, family, health and career goals all set before me. It’s a constant reminder set before me to take those daily necessary steps towards my goals.
Soooo…Keeping in line with those New Year and good health traditions, I thought I’d share one more healthy dinner this month with this Sheet-Pan Roasted Shrimp and Veggies meal. I’m not making any promises for the remainder of the year, guys! Lol! I’m so thankful though that my fitbit keeps me in line with getting more daily activity in so that I can enjoy those occasional splurges. 🙂 I’ve been getting in anywhere between 10-12K steps a day and it’s not the easiest challenge when your job consist of riding in the car all day. It forces me to take breaks from driving so that I don’t end up doing all of my steps at the end of a very long work day.
This Sheet-Pan Roasted Shrimp & Veggies dinner is the perfect post-workout meal by the way. It’s loaded with flavor and nutrition plus it’s low carb to boot!! It’s ready in under 30 minutes so it’s great to put together at the very last minute. The bonus of it all is that it helps me keep my fitness goals in check.
Habakkuk 2:2-3 reads, “And the Lord answered me, and said, Write the vision, and make it plain upon tables, that he may run that readeth it. For the vision is yet for an appointed time, but at the end it shall speak, and not lie: though it tarry, wait for it; because it will surely come, it will not tarry.” (KJV). So know that your vision will come to pass and long as you keep your commitments intact. Let’s do what we can and know to do in the natural and continue to trust and allow God to do the supernatural. Amen! Say Grace and enjoy!!
Sheet-Pan Roasted Shrimp & Veggies
- 1 lb. raw shrimp 21 count, deveined
- 1 large zucchini diced
- 4 c. broccoli florets
- 1 small sweet onion large chunks
- 1 red bell pepper large chunks
- 1 yellow bell pepper large chunks
- 1 carrot sliced thin
- 1/2 lb. small red potatoes diced
- 2 T. olive oil divided
- 2 T. white wine vinegar divided
- 1 lemon sliced thin
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 T. cumin
- 1 T. sweet paprika
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- Preheat oven to 425. Line a large sheet pan with parchment paper or foil.
- Combine salt, cumin, paprika, garlic powder and pepper in a small bowl.
- In a large bowl, mix all veggies together; adding 1 T. olive oil, 1 T. white wine vinegar and half of the seasoning mixture. Toss well.
- In a small bowl, combine shrimp with remaining olive oil, white wine vinegar and seasoning mixture. Set aside.
- Turn veggies out onto the sheet pan and top with lemon. Roast for 25 minutes or until tender.
- Add shrimp and cook for about 5 minutes more or until pink. Say Grace and enjoy!!