This quick and easy Lemon Blueberry Zucchini Cake is made from scratch, super delicious and sure to please your pickiest eaters.
Hey Friends! Two times in one month!! I had so many asking me for the recipe that I just had to post it.
It’s harvest time!!! A friend of mine shared some of her Mom’s delicious zucchini squash from her abundant garden this past Friday and I got to thinking what I could make with it. They have got to be the largest zucchini I’ve seen in life and she said they were on the smaller side. :0
I thought I’d combine some of the best summer flavors and make a lemon blueberry zucchini cake. You know how much I love the lemon blueberry combination with my Lemon Blueberry Pancake Popper and my Paleo Lemon Blueberry Pancakes. This Lemon Blueberry Zucchini Cake doesn’t disappoint with it’s moist crumb and bomb lemon buttercream. A must try!!
HOW TO MAKE LEMON BLUEBERRY ZUCCHINI CAKE
Hubby doesn’t even like zucchini but he loved this lemon blueberry zucchini cake. He said I can’t even tell that it has zucchini in it. Yeaaaa!! Jackson got some veggies in too!! I’ll never tell. 🙂
Mark 4 discusses the farmer scattering seed (Word). Have you taken heed to what God’s Word says about a certain matter or what He has shared with you? What are you doing with this planted Word?
Just as the farmer takes care of the seed that he’s planted by watering, tilling, fertilizing and weeding, we need to take care of the seed that’s been planted in our lives. If we don’t, the enemy can steal that seed by way of reasoning and through the entertainment of doubt.
If God said it, hold on to it by faith and don’t doubt in your heart or with your mouth so that you can indeed reap the harvest that God has promised. I’m committed to working this biblical principle in my life. What about you? Say Grace and enjoy!!
Lemon Blueberry Zucchini Cake
- 3 large eggs
- 1 c. canola oil
- 1 Tbsp Say Grace Vanilla Extract
- 2 c. sugar
- 2 c. shredded zucchini
- 3 c. all purpose flour
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1 pint blueberries tossed in 1 tsp flour
- 2 sticks butter
- 4 c. powdered sugar sifted
- juice of one lemon
- 1 tsp Say Grace Vanilla Extract
- lemon wedges
- Preheat oven to 350
- Spray a 9×13 baking pan with Baker's Joy.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs, oil, vanilla and sugar until well blended and then stir in the zucchini.
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, salt, baking powder, and baking soda. Add the wet mixture to the dry and combine well
- Stir in the blueberries, and pour the batter into the pan. Bake for about 50-55 minutes or until toothpick come out clean. Cool.
- Using a hand mixer, mix softened butter until creamy. Add the vanilla and combine. Add the powdered sugar a little at a time; mixing well. Add in the lemon juice.
- Frost the cooled cake and store in the refrigerator.
Adapted from The View From Great Island