Tex-Mex enchilada flavors stuffed in a delicious and healthy roasted spaghetti squash boat makes for a fun weeknight dinner!!
Happy New Year, Guys!!! Today marks Page 4 of 365. I’m so thankful and grateful to God for 2017 – The Year of Fabulous Outpourings from Heaven!!! Hallelujah! I don’t know about you but I have claimed this to be my year to receive exactly what God has in store for me. I’m thanking Him for my very own personal rain of Blessing. Thank You that it rains on me, Father God!! 2017 has been declared as the year to see many miracles and manifestations because of the outpouring from Heaven! I’m certainly ready for my miracle. How about you?
It’s National Spaghetti Day and I wanted to quickly share with you this yummy recipe for Enchilada Stuffed Spaghetti Squash. Oh my yum!!! I know that many want to try to incorporate some healthier dishes in the New Year and this is a great way to start. The entire family enjoyed this tasty yet healthy dish and everyone thought it was super filling to boot!! We could hardly finish our own individual half servings!! The enchilada flavor was just perfect for the Tex-Mex Foodie Lover in me and when I can satisfy hubby with a healthier dish, I am on cloud 9!!!
Are you a spaghetti squash fan? It’s such a delicious substitute for pasta if you’re looking to cut back on carbs. It’s loaded with potassium, Vitamin A and beta carotene so it’s a great, healthier choice. I also decided to go for ground turkey instead of ground beef and I packed it with black beans, corn, diced chiles and cheese. Yum!! I would have added diced jalapenos but I didn’t want to singe Momma’s little taste buds with the added HEAT!! But for those Spice Lovers out there, feel free to add the HEAT!! Yum!! I hope you’ll try this Enchilada Stuffed Spaghetti Squash! It’s certainly a part of our weekly rotation. Happy National Spaghetti Day! Say Grace and enjoy!!
Enchilada Stuffed Spaghetti Squash
- 2 medium spaghetti squash about 3 lbs each
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- kosher salt and pepper
- 1 T. olive oil
- 1 lb. ground turkey
- 1 onion diced
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 taco seasoning packet or make your own here
- 1 can 19 oz red enchilada sauce
- 1 can 4 oz diced chiles
- 1 can 4 oz diced jalapenos (optional)
- 1/2 cup frozen corn thawed
- 1/2 cup black beans rinsed and drained
- 2 cups Fiesta blend sharp cheddar, pepperjack cheese, shredded, divided
- Green Onions garnish
- Cilantro garnish
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Cut spaghetti squash in half and scoop out the seeds. Brush olive oil on the cut sides of each half and sprinkle liberally with salt and pepper. Place the squash halves face down on a parchment lined sheet pan.
- Roast in oven for about 50 minutes or until tender when pierced with a fork.
- Using a fork, separate the strands of squash from the skin, leaving a little border around the top. Pour 3 T. of enchilada sauce into each boat and toss well.
- In a medium saucepan, sauté onion, garlic and ground turkey with 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- Once browned, add taco seasoning and 1 and 1/2 c. enchilada sauce and let simmer until thickened, about 5 minutes.
- Add diced chiles, jalapeños, corn and black beans. Heat through.
- Spoon 1 cup of filling into roasted squash halves. Top with 1/2 cup of cheese mixture.
- Broil for 3-4 minutes until the cheese is golden and bubbling. Garnish with green onions and cilantro. Say Grace and enjoy!!
Looking for healthier recipes for the New Year? Check out my, Deliciously Healthy 30 Minute Meals Cookbook!!
ONE YEAR AGO: Skillet Turkey Spaghetti with Garlic Rolls