A slice of chocolate gooey decadent goodness that is dreamt about often!!
When I was younger, I would often enjoy two or FOUR ready to bake chocolate chip cookies right out of the oven with milk along with back to back nightly episodes of The Golden Girls. Didn’t you find those ladies to be just hilarious?!?!?! Anyway, those little cookies brought me so much joy! I guess that’s when my chocolate obsession began. I have now found love with Ghirardelli chocolate chips. I just won’t use any other brand. I’m truly committed! So in honor of Pi(e) Day, I’ve decided to try a recipe that I’ve been eyeballing for years. Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie with Ghirardelli chips, of course! This pie will make you some new friends without saying one word. They’ll even ask for seconds! Its ooey and gooey and just LOVELY! Are you ready? Let’s get to it!!
Place the graham sheets inside of a plastic storage bag, seal and beat them with a rolling pin until your heart’s content. Easy there, buddy. Ok…enough of that! STOP! Now, meditate on Matthew 5:9 which reads, “Blessed are the peacemakers for they shall be called the sons of God.” There…now that’s much better! Ok…back to the recipe. Once you have created your fine crumbs of graham crackers, you can pour them into a deep pie dish. Then add ½ cup of melted butter, 2 T. of granulated sugar and stir until well combined. Now press lovingly and peacefully might I add into the dish creating a beautiful pie crust. Chill it for 1 hour in the fridge. Beat eggs on high speed until foam (think Starbucks cappuccino foamy…I could sure use one of those now) in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment. Then mix in the flour and two sugars. Next, add the butter and mix well. Fold in the chocolate chips and pecans. Spoon into your prepared pie crust, place in a 325 degree oven for 55 minutes. Prepare your chocolate sauce by combining ¼ cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips and 4 T. heavy whipping cream. Mix well. Once your pie has cooled a bit, decorate her with a chocolate design of your choice. Be sure to take it over the top and serve each slice with a scoop of ice cream and more chocolate sauce of course! Are you in perfect peace? Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee. – Isaiah 26:3 Say Grace and enjoy!
Chocolate Chip Cookie Pi(e)
- 16 graham cracker sheets
- ½ cup butter melted
- 2 T. sugar
- 2 eggs room temperature
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- ¾ cup butter softened
- 1 cup Ghirardelli semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup pecans toasted and chopped
- Chocolate Sauce
- ¼ cup Ghirardelli semi-sweet chocolate chips melted
- 4 T. heavy whipping cream
- Place the graham sheets inside of a plastic storage bag, seal and crush them with a rolling pin.
- Pour the fine crumbs of graham crackers into a deep pie dish. Then add melted butter, granulated sugar and stir until well combined.
- Now press into the dish to create a crust. Chill for 1 hour in the fridge.
- Beat eggs on high speed until foamy in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment.
- Then mix in the flour and two sugars. Next, add the butter and mix well. Fold in the chocolate chips and pecans.
- Spoon into your prepared pie crust, place in a 325 degree oven for 55 minutes.
- Prepare your chocolate sauce by combining semi-sweet chocolate chips and heavy whipping cream. Mix well.
- Once the pie has cooled a bit, decorate with the chocolate sauce. Serve with a scoop of ice cream and more chocolate sauce. Say Grace and enjoy!
Adapted from the back of Nestle Tollhouse Chocolate Chip packaging