This original Benihana Chicken Fried Rice classic is loaded with chicken, rice, eggs, vegetables and yummy garlic infused butter.
Happy Wednesday, Guys!!! How was your Valentine’s Day and your Superbowl parties? For the Superbowl this year, hubby requested a home cooked Benihana dinner. Originally, I was like really dude?!?!? There are just so many components to making that meal a success but he wholeheartedly believe I could do it (as always) and he thoroughly enjoyed it. In fact, the entire family loved it!
My personal favorite is their delicious Benihana Chicken Fried Rice recipe. There is just something about it that makes me want more and more!!! I really wonder if there is MSG (monosodium glutamate) in there that keeps hooking me. Lol!!!
Well this Benihana Chicken Fried Rice recipe is so close to their original that you’ll never really notice the difference even in a blindfold taste test. They key is making the sticky rice a day ahead so that it dries out a bit. Oh man!!! It’s sooooo good!!! I hope you’ll give this Benihana Chicken Fried Rice recipe a try. You won’t be disappointed! Say Grace and enjoy!!
Benihana Chicken Fried Rice Recipe
- 1 1/2 sticks butter softened
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1-2 T. soy sauce
- 9 c. cooked Botan Calrose Rice best leftover from day before
- ¼. c. safflower oil NOT sunflower
- ¼ c. soy sauce
- ¾. c. minced onion
- ¾. c. grated carrots
- 3 green onions sliced
- 4 eggs
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts
- kosher salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- Make the garlic butter – In a small bowl, mix softened butter, garlic and soy sauce until combined. Set aside.
- Over medium high heat, heat 2 T. oil saute carrots and onion until browned. Add the green onion and saute for a couple minutes more. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Add 2 more T. oil to the pan and saute chicken breasts until completely cooked through. Remove from the pan and dice into small pieces. Add the chicken back to pan and add half the butter and toss the chicken. Remove from the pan.
- Over medium heat, scramble eggs and remove from pan.
- Increase heat to high then add rice and remaining butter. Toss to coat.
- Add back veggies, chicken and scrambled eggs; stir until combined well.
- Season with soy sauce, salt, pepper, and garnish with sesame seeds. Say Grace and enjoy!!
Leave a Reply