Light and fluffy sweet potato pancakes packed with toasted pecans and smeared with a delicious pecan praline compound butter.
Don’t forget to enter my 1st Blogiversary Giveaway!!!!
National Pancake Day is tomorrow and I thought I’d whip up a sweet potato version for the weekend! Are you in love with pancakes like I am? They always make me grin a little! I remember growing up, I used to call them panny cakes! 🙂 “Momma, I want some panny cakes”, I would say. If she’d have let me have them daily, I certainly would have never complained! 🙂 Might I say, here’s a way to have them daily? These sweet potato pecan pancakes here are a great way to get more nutrition into the entire family’s diet as they’re loaded with tons of health benefits. So you can eat 2, 3 or even 4 for your health, right!!! 🙂 I loved each and every guilt-free bite…lol! 🙂
Ok. I know that the fall season usually brings all things pumpkin (another great nutrition source), but I’m really not a pumpkin kinda gal. So anywhere there is traditional pumpkin, you’ll find me swapping it out for sweet potato. Nothing against pumpkin…I was just raised on the yummy sweet potato. 🙂 Feel free to make the swap! To each his own, guys!
So what do you think is better than sweet potato pancakes? Uhhhh…That would be sweet potato pecan pancakes!!! I packed these babies with chopped toasted pecans. Yum!! I even took it one step further guys and added a pecan praline compound butter. Oh my word! Yep, I go nuts for pancakes!! This tasty butter takes these already deliciously sweet pancakes right over the top! They’re totally nutty! 🙂 Sweet!!!!
Speaking of sweet…let’s talk about how thankful I am to God for His sweet, sweet anointing! The very power of God to fulfill His purpose and establish His Kingdom! His sweet anointing allows me to experience victory in EVERY area of my life!! Hallelujah!! His anointing is there for you too if you’ll receive Him! Happy National (Sweet Potato) Pancake Day, Guys! Say Grace and enjoy!!
Sweet Potato Pecan Pancakes with Praline Butter
- Praline Compound Butter
- 1/4 c. pecans toasted chopped
- 1/2 pound Kerrygold butter softened
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 T. brown sugar
- 1 T. honey
- 3 c. plus 2 T. cake flour
- 3 T. baking powder
- 2 T. sugar
- 2 T. brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- pinch nutmeg
- 2 c. whole milk
- 2 eggs. beaten
- 1 vanilla bean seeds scraped
- 4 T. butter melted
- 1 and 1/2 c. sweet potato roasted, mashed (1 medium size)
- 1/2 c. pecans toasted, finely chopped
- Pecans toasted, garnish
- Warm Maple syrup for serving
- Combine all of the butter ingredients in a small bowl. Place butter on wax paper, shaping into a log with the paper. Wrap wax paper around log and twist on the ends. Place in the freezer until solidified.
- Combine flour, baking powder, sugars, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg into a large bowl.
- In a medium bowl, combine eggs with vanilla, and sweet potato. Whisk until combined.
- Pour wet mixture into dry mixture continuously stirring while pouring until combined. DO NOT OVER STIR. Batter will be lumpy.
- Pour in melted butter and fold in pecans.
- Pour about 1/2 c. of pancake batter to make them as large as pictured. If you prefer smaller, try 1/4 c. Cook on a medium-low and slow griddle until golden brown on each side. Don't flip until multiple craters have formed on the surface. Slather with praline compound butter. Drizzle with warmed maple syrup. Say Grace and enjoy!!
Pancakes adapted from Pioneer Woman’s Perfect Pancakes