Hey There! Were you able to take a quick moment to complete my 2016 Blog Survey this week? I certainly value your opinion to make this site a resource for you and your family. Ok, now that I’ve reminded you, we can get back to regularly scheduled programming…great food or in this case, great desserts!!! I’ve been on the road all day driving through Ohio meeting clients and I am just pooped but I still wanted to quickly share with you an easy recipe that you just may enjoy for your Easter/Resurrection Day celebration. I LOVE Resurrection Day even more so than Christmas because although Jesus’ birth was vitally important, His death, burial and resurrection makes eternal life possible for all mankind. Now that’s what true unconditional love is!! He suffered and died for us so that we wouldn’t have to. What an awesome God we serve! Hallelujah!! Where would I be personally without Jesus? I shudder the very thought of it!
My family has been enjoying these Sweet Potato Blondies with Cream Cheese Frosting for many many years. Remember that we’re sweet potato fanatics!!! We’ll find any use for the sweet potato if you let us. From Sweet Potato Pecan Pie to Sweet Potato French Toast to Sweet Potato Muffins to Sweet Potato Pecan Pancakes to Salted Caramel Sweetie Buns. This blog is definitely not lacking in this starchy, sweet tasting root vegetable. I probably could write a cookbook just on this particular vegetable. Speaking of cookbooks, I’ve got a free eCookbook coming at cha in the near future based on your responses to the aforementioned 2016 Blog Survey. So stop reading this post and head over to complete it. Go on! We’ll wait for your return….
Welcome back! Thanks for your help! I look forward to your responses and I’m up to the challenge to bring you ideas that will be conducive to your lifestyle needs. Ok guys…trying not to be so scatterbrained!! Back to these delicious Sweet Potato Blondies!! You’ll want to include them as one of your desserts this upcoming Resurrection Day! They’re not too sweet, soft like cake and dense like a blondie/brownie. I love them so much so that I quickly ate one, saved a couple for the hubby and immediately started giving them away to family, friends and even the utility service guy that happened to stop by. I knew if I didn’t, my figure would be in big, big trouble!! 🙂 I hope you’ll try them and share them as well! Say Grace and enjoy!!
P.S. Only 2 day remaining for the Say Grace Apron Giveaway!!! Have you entered already?
Sweet Potato Blondies with Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1 1/2 c. sugar
- 1 c. butter softened
- 1 T. pumpkin pie spice
- 4 eggs room temperature
- 2 tsp. vanilla butter nut
- 1 3/4 c. flour
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 2 c. grated sweet potato
- 1 c. chopped walnuts
- 8 oz. cream cheese cold
- 1/2 c. butter softened
- 2 c. sifted powdered sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- chopped walnuts garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a 9X13 glass casserole dish with bakers spray. Set aside.
- In a medium sized bowl, combine the flour, pumpkin pie spice and kosher salt. Set aside.
- Using a hand mixer, cream the butter and sugar for a few minutes until creamy.
- Add the eggs one at a time, beating with each addition.
- Add in the vanilla butter nut flavor and stir.
- Gently incorporate the flour mixture into the wet mixture and stir until just combined. Do not over mix.
- Fold in the grated sweet potato and walnuts.
- Place batter into baking dish and spread evenly.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until toothpick come out clean.
- Icing - Combine cheese and butter with a mixer until smooth.
- Add sugar and mix until combined.
- Stir in vanilla and mix.
- Spread on cooled brownies. Garnish with more walnuts. Cut into 20 squares. Say Grace and enjoy!!