Your dinner guests will beg for seconds once they try this simple yet deliciously moist Salted Caramel Apple Poke Cake.
Happy Wednesday Guys!! Have you checked out our Love. Gather. Feast. facebook community yet? Feel free to join us as it’s a great place to encourage others and share some pictures of what you’ve been up to in YOUR kitchen. I wanna know what whatcha’ got cookin’ so I hope to see you over there!!
Today, I’m sharing a Salted Caramel Apple Poke Cake that I made for a DoTerra party that I hosted this past weekend. I’ve been using essential oils in my daily epsom salt and bentonite clay baths to help me relax a bit more. So when Maureen, my daughter-in-love asked to me to host a party for her DoTerra business, I thought it would be a perfect fit since I use them quite a bit. We were all set to have the DoTerra essential oils party in early summer but unfortunately that’s when I miscarried the twins and we had to cancel it. Maureen graciously understood and waited ever so patiently for me reschedule. In case you are wondering…Yes, we are still standing on God’s promises for there is absolutely nothing to hard for Him.
Well the Salted Caramel Apple Poke Cake was a great success!! You know how much I love and gotta have my Salted Caramel Goodness so this was another fantastic way to use it. Everyone loved it and it’s super simple to make. I used a boxed mix for those readers that want something a bit more simplistic but the Salted Caramel Goodness gives it that homemade touch. Goodness makes me think of the Psalm 34:8 scripture, “Taste and see that the LORD is good; blessed is the one who takes refuge in him.” His goodness is so personal in that He meets our individual needs with it. This same goodness draws us closer and closer to Him and in turn causes us to share His goodness with others. In what ways has God been good to you this week? Say Grace and enjoy!! ?
Salted Caramel Apple Poke Cake
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 10 x 13 pan with baking spray.
- In a large bowl using an electric mixer, beat the cake mix, apple pie spice, water, vegetable oil, eggs and Say Grace Vanilla Extract on medium speed for a couple minutes.
- Gently fold in the apple pie filing and pour into pan.
- Bake for 28-33 minutes,making sure that the middle springs back when touched.
- Allow cake to cool for about 10 minutes.
- Poke warm cake all over with a knife sharpener or handle of wooden spoon halfway into cake. Drizzle 3/4 cup Salted Caramel Goodness over the cake and fill the holes. Allow cake to cool completely.
- Using an offset spatula, spread whipped cream on top of cake. Decorate with more Salted Caramel Goodness, toffee pieces and nuts. Say Grace and enjoy!
- NOTE: Store cake in refrigerator to keep fresh.
Adapted from My Baking Addiction