A burger blend of beef short rib, brisket and chuck topped with gooey mac and cheese and all the classic fixins’ take this cheeseburger right off the cliff!!
I know that I’ve mentioned once or twice that Tex-Mex is my all time favorite cuisine but the one American classic that is a VERY close second would be a good ‘ole juicy CHEESEburger! I’m the one girl that will drive hundreds of miles in search of the said non-kosher sandwich. No wonder my aunt calls me a food hound! 🙂 I’m always on the prowl for the moistest, juiciest, CHEESIEST, most flavorful CHEESEburger. Enough adjectives for you? Let me reiterate that any burger eaten by me will always include CHEESE. I simply can’t eat one without it. I need the ooey, gooey supporting actor onscreen at all times if you know what I mean!! 🙂
When I starting thinking about how I would put the patty of my favorite sandwich together, I knew that I wanted to create a ton of moisture. Rather than using the typical ground chuck that most would use, I decided to go for succulent, sophisticated, freshly ground short rib along with hearty, ground brisket and the ever popular ground chuck. OH MY BURGER! This combination is WHERE IT’S AT guys!!! I will never go back to a homemade plain ground chuck cheeseburger again. This cheeseburger got RAVE reviews amongst family and friends. It was the talk of the party!! I also tried this ground meat blend in my Savory Meatloaf Cupcakes and they were a big hit as well!
When you’re using this special blend of meat, kosher salt and pepper are really the only necessary seasonings and the key is to ALWAYS grill your burger in a cast iron skillet. NEVER OVER AN OPEN GRILL GRATE! You’ll lose all of that moisture and delicious flavor. GOT IT? GOOD! 🙂
To take this burger totally off the cliff :), I topped the double patty sandwich with macaroni and cheese made from a Mornay sauce. What?!?!? Who does that? Moi!! That’s who!! Don’t write me any emails guys…and don’t give me any side eyes until you try it!!! I mean who doesn’t love macaroni and cheese?!?! Be sure to check out my Southern Style Macaroni and Cheese recipe for more yummy cheesy goodness by the way!
I rub the buttery grilled bun with garlic and toss on dill pickle, diced tomato, diced jalapeno, bacon and melt even more cheese on top (if there wasn’t already enough) and finally slather it with a delicious tangy sauce. Do you think you can handle this one, Cheeseburger Lovers? Share it with a loved one if it seems a bit overwhelming or make a baby one to enjoy on your own. This outrageous mac and cheeseburger reminds me of God’s outrageous love for us! His shameless love through His Son Jesus’ shed Blood covers all sin. For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life. – John 3:16 (KJV). What an AWESOME wonder He is!!! Say Grace and enjoy!!
Outrageous Macaroni & Cheeseburger
- 2.25 lbs ground chuck
- 1.75 lbs. ground brisket
- 1.50 lbs. ground short ribs
- kosher salt and pepper
- 1 lb. macaroni cooked
- 2 T. extra virgin olive oil
- 4 T. butter
- 6 T. flour
- 3 c. whole milk
- 2 c. chicken stock
- 2 c. Gruyere shredded
- 2 c. pepperjack or cheddar shredded
- 16 slices American or pepperjack
- jalapenos diced, garnish
- bacon chopped, garnish
- tomatoes diced, garnish
- dill pickle slices garnish
- 16-24 buns depending on double or single
- butter for grilling
- garlic cloves halved
- Cheeseburger Sauce
- 1 c. mayo
- 1/4 c. ketchup
- 1 T. worchestershire
- In a medium pot, add olive oil and butter. Melt over medium to high heat, and add flour and cook it for about a minute.
- Whisk in milk, chicken stock and bring it to a boil. Wait for the mixture to thicken and remove the pot from the heat and add in cheeses. Stir until completely melted.
- Salt and pepper cheese sauce to taste. Add dashes of hot sauce here if desired.
- Add in cooked macaroni and blend well.
- To make the sauce, whisk mayo, ketchup and worchestershire in a small bowl until blended
- Blend all meats together and form 1/3 lb. patties. Season both sides with salt and pepper.
- Using a cast iron skillet over medium-high heat, grill patties for about 3-4 minutes on each side. DO NOT FLIP MORE THAN 2 TIMES!
- While on the second side, top burger with about 1/2 cup of macaroni and cheese along with desired fixins (jalapeno, bacon, tomatoes) and top with cheese slice. Cover with lid to melt the cheese as the other side continues cooking.
- While burger is cooking, grill buns in another skillet with butter until golden brown. Remove and brush with the cut side of garlic.
- Place sauce and pickle slices on bottom bun. Top with patty and repeat if making double patty. Take top bun with more sauce and place over entire burger. Say Grace and enjoy!!