I’ll take lamb chops with my garlic! I mean get ready for the best lamb chops EVER!
Hey There! I’m back to share my momma’s recipe for the most deliciously flavorful lamb chops EVER! I’m telling you that once you try these boys, you’ll be hooked forever. I’ve even had people that don’t really enjoy lamb, ask for seconds and even thirds! The best part is that they’re so incredibly easy to prepare. So STOP what you’re doing and make them right now! Finish reading this post, of course! :)You won’t be disappointed!
I prefer to use the lamb loin chop rather than the lamb rib chop because they’re a meatier cut. The rib chops are bit fattier which lends to them being a top pick due to their flavor, but I simply don’t miss out on any flavor with this preparation. Let’s start by making the marinade. You’ll need 2 garlic bulbs (Yep! That’s right!), a fresh bunch of thyme, a fresh bunch of rosemary, 2 T. of kosher salt, extra virgin olive oil and a pinch of cayenne pepper. Now remove each clove of garlic from its paper and toss them into your food processor fitted with a cutting blade. Remove all of the thyme and rosemary leaves from the stems. The easiest way is to run your thumb and forefinger downward on each stem. Easy peasy! Now toss them into the party. Add the kosher salt and the cayenne pepper. Pulse the ingredients to combine, then start drizzling the olive oil into the top of the food processor until a nice paste forms. Now the fun part! Begin to lather 16 lamb loin chops with the marinade until each piece is nicely coated on all sides. Toss them into a food storage bag, place it in the fridge and forget about them for an entire day or at least 8 hours. Your nose will be teased every time you open that fridge! Umm boy! Oh my garlic…how I love thee…let me count the ways! If I could lather myself in it daily, I would! Although, I don’t think the hubby would appreciate it as much as I would! 🙂
Now remove the chops from the fridge and grill them over high heat for 3 minutes on the first side and then flip them to the other side for about 2 minutes for medium. My momma prefers well done but I often wonder about her. 🙂 Love you momma! These lamb chops are best at medium in my opinion! Serve immediately. Say Grace and enjoy!
Oh My Lamb Loin Chops!
- 16 lamb loin chops
- thyme bunch
- rosemary bunch
- 2 garlic bulbs
- 2 T. kosher salt
- extra virgin olive oil
- cayenne pepper pinch
- Remove all of the thyme and rosemary leaves from the stems and toss them into a food processor fitted with a cutting blade.
- Remove each clove of garlic from paper and toss them in.
- Add the kosher salt and the cayenne pepper.
- Pulse the ingredients to combine, then start drizzling the olive oil into the top until a nice paste forms.
- Lather the lamb loin chops with the marinade until each piece is coated on all sides.
- Toss them into a food storage bag, place it in the fridge for at least 8 hours.
- Remove the chops from the fridge and grill them over high heat for 3 minutes on the first side and then flip them to the other side for about 2 minutes for medium. Serve immediately. Say Grace and enjoy!
Adapted from my momma’s recipe