My Big Fat Greek Low Carb Chicken Tacos filled with tender marinated chicken and all of the traditional Greek Salad fixins’ make for a perfect weeknight meal!!
Happy Wednesday!! Hope you had a great 4th! We spent it in our backyard swimming, balling and of course, good eatin’ with family!! Great times were had but now it’s back to the grind. I’m headed to Indianapolis as we speak but I’m enjoying My Big Fat Greek Low Carb Chicken Tacos on the road. Let me tell you, as a Tex Mex foodie lover, I have never met a taco that I didn’t like and My Big Fat Greek Low Carb Chicken Tacos are no exception. If you’re a taco lover like me, you must try my Corned Beef Tacos and my Filet Mignon Tacos too!
I’ve been really wanting to give the Siete Almond Flour Tortillas a try since I’ve been Paleo and Gluten Free lately. I love their Sea Salt Tortilla Chips so I thought their freezer stored almond flour tortillas would be a hit. Boy was I right! You can’t even tell that they’re almond flour based. They held up nicely to my marinated chicken and delicious Greek fixins’. Be sure to leave off the feta and taziki to keep Paleo. I love that My Big Fat Greek Tacos are ready in under 30 minutes after you’ve marinated the chicken thighs overnight. This makes it a perfect weeknight meal for the entire family.
Today marks Page 186 of 365. We are halfway through the year and I’m still thankful and grateful to God for 2017 – The Year of Fabulous Outpourings from Heaven!!! Although I’ve experienced more challenges this year, I am still in great expectation that this is my year to receive exactly what God has in store for me. I continue to thank Him for my very own personal rain of Blessing. Thank You that it rains on me, Father God!! 2017 has been declared as the year to see many miracles and manifestations because of the outpouring from Heaven! I’m certainly in great expectation for my miracle. How about you?
- ½ c. extra virgin olive oil
- ⅔ c. red wine vinegar
- 1 T. pepperoncini juice
- 1¼ tsp. garlic powder
- 1¼ tsp. oregano
- 1¼ tsp. basil
- 1 tsp.onion powder
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 tsp. pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 8 Siete Almond Flour Tortillas
- pickled onions, topping
- pepperon8cini, topping
- kalamata olives, topping
- diced tomato, topping
- feta, topping (not for paleo)
- tzatziki, topping (not for paleo)
- In a small bowl, mix together the olive oil, garlic powder, oregano, basil, pepper, salt, onion powder, and Dijon mustard and pepperoncini juice.
- Pour in the vinegar, and whisk until well blended. Reserve ¼ c. of marinade for serving.
- Place chicken thighs in a plastic storage bag and pour remaining marinade over chicken. Allow to marinate overnight or 8 hours. Once marinated, discard marinade. DO NOT CROSS CONTAMINATE.
- Grill chicken in a grill pan over medium-high heat until the chicken is cooked through to 165 degrees.
- Warm up tortillas in the microwave or in a dry skillet.
- Top each tortilla with chicken, pickled onions, pepperoncini, olives, tomato, feta, reserved dressing and taziki. Say Grace and enjoy!
Marinade adapted from All Recipes