This layered taco lasagna recipe is more of an easy Mexican casserole, full of taco seasoned beef, tomatoes, onions, a cheesy sauce and flour tortillas.
Happy Wednesday Folks!! How did #NationalTacoDay almost get by me this year?!?!?!? So I’m a few days late but just had to share this Amazing Taco Lasagna Recipe with you. After all, taco day is everyday in my world!! How about you?
I must be honest. SHHHHHHH. This really isn’t a lasagna. It’s really a taco casserole with tortillas that I just call a taco lasagna recipe because it’s kind of like a lasagna set up to me. Does that make sense? Probably not. Anyhow….this Taco Lasagna Recipe is not for anyone looking to watch their waistline guys! It’s totally just the most perfect comfort food recipe on earth. Don’t cry. It’s ok every once in a while.
This Taco lasagna recipe is such a quick and easy weeknight meal that you can throw together after work in about 40 minutes. The entire family really enjoyed it. Even Momma!!! Let me tell ya…her palette is hard to please!!! She thought the tortillas would be soggy but they were just perfect in this taco lasagna recipe.
HOW TO MAKE TACO LASAGNA
This taco lasagna recipe is so tasty that I needed to be rescued from it. I kept going back for seconds, thirds and even fourths, guys!! I LOVE it just that much. In fact, I’m dreaming about acquainting with it again as I’m typing this post. I just can’t get enough of it and I think you will agree. I suggest that you LOVE on it tonight because it’s just that yummy!!
Speaking of love…in case you didn’t know. I thought I’d leave you with a scripture that encompasses a love like no other. This passage has certainly been life-changing for me…eternally! “For God so [greatly] loved and dearly prized the world, that He[even] gave His [One and] only begotten Son, so that whoever believes and trusts in Him [as Savior] shall not perish, but have eternal life. John 3:16 (AMP).
It’s almost unbelievable when you think about the amount of love that He has for us, yet He wants us to understand its height, depth, width and breadth of His love. Yes! He sent His only Son, Jesus to the cross because He loved us all just that much! Have you met Him? Say Grace and enjoy!!
NEED MORE TACO RECIPES IN YOUR LIFE?
Taco Lasagna Recipe
- 12-13 soft flour 6-inch tortillas
- 2 lbs. ground beef
- 2 packets taco seasoning
- 2 c diced tomatoes
- 1 c diced red onions
- 1/2 c diced green onions diced
- 1/4 c chopped Jalapeño optional
- Kosher salt to taste
- 2 c heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 stick butter
- 3 c of taco cheese or Mexican style cheese shredded
- 1.5 tsp Cajun seasoning
- sour cream garnish
- diced green onions garnish
- In a small bowl, combine red onions, green onions, Jalapeño pepper, tomatoes, salt to taste. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, brown meat and drain grease. Add taco seasoning and stir.
- In a medium pot, bring heavy cream and butter to a boil, stirring until thickened. Remove from heat and add 2 cups of cheese. Add Cajun seasoning and keep warm.
- In 9 x 13 casserole, layer 4 tortillas (cut so they fit in bottom of casserole), ground beef, cheese, and tomato mixture. Repeating until you have 3 layers finishing with the cheese sauce on top.
- Add last cup of cheese on top of entire casserole.
- Place in 400 degree oven covered for 20 minutes then remove and let cool. Garnish each serving with sour cream and green onions. Say Grace and enjoy!
Adapted from Living Kool