The classic brownie collides with the ever popular PB Snickers all in a cast iron skillet!
Don’t forget to enter my 1st Blogiversary Giveaway!!!!
Do you guys remember the old 80’s Pillsbury Fudge Jumbles Brownie box mix? It was a new dessert idea that we talked about at the kindergarten water cooler. Singing…the freshest ideas are baking at Pillsbury. Look at that! I even remember the jingle! Oh the childhood memories! Every time momma would drag me with her to the grocery store, if these made it in the cart, I was one happy girl! My fav was the one with peanut butter. You know…because peanut butter and chocolate combos make every thing right in my world. 🙂
I started thinking about this flavor combo again the other day and decided to put it in the trending cast iron skillet. You know because cast iron skillets aren’t just for cornbread anymore guys. The world is your oyster. I would combine Snickers Peanut Butter candy bars with brownies and bake it in cast iron. OMG! The peanut butter with the caramel and the peanuts and the nougat and the fudgy brownies! I just had to make it before my head would explode with this awesomeness! The end result was pure delight. You won’t be disappointed! It’s super simple and you MUST make it today or tomorrow. There I go making my demands again. I must work on this issue. 🙂
Start by melting an entire Ghirardelli semi-sweet chocolate bar with an entire stick of unsalted butter over low heat in a medium saucepan. Once melted, remove from the heat to allow it to cool a bit. Stir in 1 cup of packed brown sugar, 2 whisked eggs and 1 tsp. of vanilla to the chocolate mixture just until the yellow disappears. Be sure it’s cool guys, as you don’t want scrambled eggs in your brownies, right? Or maybe you do…that’s your oyster, remember. 🙂 In a mixing bowl, sift together only 1/2 cup of flour (this makes ’em fudgy), 1/4 tsp. of baking powder and 1/2 tsp. of kosher salt. Stir your flour mixture into your saucepan by hand. Never use an electric mixer to make brownies as you’ll whip too much air into the eggs and they’ll be cakey and not fudgy. Fudgy is always my goal with a good brownie. Now take about 1/2 cup of the batter and spread it into a buttered cast iron skillet. Lovingly place 12 Snickers Peanut Butter Squares on top of the batter, then pour the remaining batter over the top of the candies, spreading evenly. Place the skillet in a preheated 350 degree oven and bake for about 25-30 minutes, checking at 25. I aim for them to be slightly underdone as they will continue baking in that cast iron before they begin cooling. Allow it to cool for a bit before dumping a pile of ice cream on top and digging in as you may suffer from 2nd degree tongue burns. I speak from experience. Say Grace and enjoy!
PB Snickers Skillet Brownie
- 4 oz. Ghirardelli semi-sweet chocolate bar chopped
- 1 stick unsalted butter room temperature, cut in pieces
- 1 cup brown sugar packed
- 2 eggs room temperature
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/4 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 12 Snickers Peanut Butter Squares
- Ice cream
- 1 Snickers Peanut Butter Square chopped, garnish
- Chocolate sauce garnish
- Caramel sauce garnish
- Melt the chopped chocolate with the butter over low heat in a medium saucepan. Remove from the heat to allow it to cool a bit.
- Stir brown sugar, whisked eggs and vanilla into the chocolate mixture just until the yellow disappears.
- In a mixing bowl, sift together flour, baking powder and salt.
- Stir flour mixture into the saucepan by hand.
- Take about 1/2 cup of the batter and spread it into a buttered cast iron skillet.
- Place 12 Snickers Peanut Butter Squares on top of the batter, then pour the remaining batter over the top of the candies, spreading evenly.
- Place the skillet in a preheated 350 degree oven and bake for about 25-30 minutes, checking at 25.
- Garnish with ice cream, chopped squares, caramel and chocolate sauce. Say Grace and enjoy!
Adapted from the Ghirardelli Classic Brownies recipe