A big enough to share jumbo, fudgy brownie ice cream sandwich!!
Happy National Ice Cream Sandwich Day! Who doesn’t love a good ole ice cream sandwich?!?! Don’t they remind you so much of your childhood? They are a big junior high memory for me. I used to have one almost everyday with lunch. I loved them so much that I would quickly lick around the entire sandwich really, really fast just so that no one would ask me for a piece. Horrible, right? I know…I know!! I had only child syndrome in my household for my first nine years so the sharing struggle was soooo real! Lol! I eventually learned although the hubby might have a different story. 🙂
So in an effort to encourage the kind act of sharing, I made these Jumbo Brownie Ice Cream Sandwiches. Yes, they’re almost too big to even eat! The operative word being almost! You just have to make a BIG effort to get right in there. Sooo good! Your favorite ice cream flavor (I used Sea Salt Caramel Truffle & Cookies and Cream) sandwiched between two yummy, fudge-like brownies and surrounded by nuts or even better, chocolate candy!! It doesn’t get any better than this guys, except to share it with a friend or your generously giving hubby! 🙂
I leave you with a fitting scripture today…[Charge them] to do good, to be rich in good works, to be liberal and generous of heart, ready to share [with others], in this way laying up for themselves [the riches that endure forever as] a good foundation for the future, so that they may grasp that which is life indeed. -1 Timothy 6:18-19 (AMP) – Say Grace and enjoy!! 🙂
Jumbo Brownie Ice Cream Sandwiches
- 2 4 oz. Ghirardelli semi-sweet chocolate bar, chopped
- 2 stick unsalted butter room temperature, cut in pieces
- 2 cup brown sugar packed
- 4 eggs room temperature
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 2 pints of your favorite ice creams softened
- Nut topping garnish
- Chocolate sprinkles garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line 10 jumbo muffin top wells with parchment paper.
- Melt the chopped chocolate with the butter over low heat in a medium saucepan. Remove from the heat to allow it to cool a bit.
- Stir brown sugar, whisked eggs and vanilla into the chocolate mixture just until the yellow disappears.
- In a mixing bowl, sift together flour, baking powder and salt.
- Stir flour mixture into the saucepan by hand.
- Pour the batter into the wells and bake for about 12-13 minutes. Check at 10 to be sure as all ovens vary in cooking time.
- Cool on a wire rack for a few minutes.
- Turn them out onto a wire rack to finish cooling and then place them in the freezer to firm up quickly.
- Top an inverted top with about 2-3 scoops of the ice cream of your choice and place the other top onto the ice cream.
- Roll the sandwich into the nuts or chocolate sprinkles.
- Place in the freezer for about 4 hours to firm up. Say Grace and enjoy!!