Happy Birthday, America! How are you celebrating today? Here’s a fun idea catered to your sweet tooth and it’s just right for your 4th of July festivities this weekend! I’ve been making this summer treat for years and it’s always a big hit! It combines all of the yummy flavors of a classic banana split in a fluffy icebox cake kinda way. Pure, no bake, deliciousness at it’s very best!
Let’s begin by combining 2 cups of graham cracker crumbs with 1/2 cup of melted butter. Press the crumbs evenly with the back of a spoon into a 10X13 dish. Set in the fridge to chill while you make the super simple filling. Place 8 ounces of softened cream cheese and 1 stick of softened butter in a medium bowl along with 1 can of sweetened condensed milk. With a hand held mixer, whip the mixture for about 8 minutes on high until it’s super nice and fluffy! It’s gonna be so hard to resist licking those beaters when you’re done! When I was growing up, I always looked forward to momma handing me those batter coated beaters to devour every time she would finish mixing her cakes. She even gave me the bowl too! I haven’t been able to shake the urge all of these years later. Don’t judge me. You too should take a moment to smell the roses AND lick those beaters.
After the mixture is light and fluffy, add in 1 tsp. of vanilla extract and combine. Now remove your dish from the fridge and pour the filling over the graham cracker layer. Cut up 4 bananas and layer them on top of your filling. Drain 1 (15 ounce) can of crushed pineapple with a sieve; pressing out all of the juice with the back of a spoon. Give it all you got! Now spread the pineapple evenly over the bananas. Try not to dig in yet as it gets even better! Pour 1 cup of toasted and cooled walnuts over the pineapple layer. Ummm boy! Top it off with a 12 ounce container of softened whipped cream. Now here comes the really fun part! Decorate the top with strawberries and blueberries to create the American flag. Really cool looking, right! Ok. Here come the patience part again. Place your masterpiece…I mean your delight in the fridge to chill for a minimum of 1 hour. Happy Independence Day, guys! Say Grace and enjoy!
Decorating alternative: Decorate with maraschino cherries and more nuts!
Banana Split Delight
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1 stick butter softened
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 4 bananas sliced
- 1 20 ounce can of crushed pineapple, unsweetened, drained
- 1 cup walnuts toasted and cooled
- 12 ounce frozen container whipped cream softened
- strawberries garnish
- blueberries garnish
- Combine graham cracker crumbs with butter and press the crumbs evenly with the back of a spoon into a 10X13 dish. Set in the fridge to chill.
- Place cream cheese and butter in a medium bowl along with sweetened condensed milk.
- With a hand held mixer, whip the mixture for about 8 minutes on high until it's super nice and fluffy!
- After the mixture is light and fluffy, add in vanilla extract and combine.
- Remove your dish from the fridge and pour the filling over the graham cracker layer.
- Layer bananas on top of filling.
- Now spread the pineapple evenly over the bananas.
- Pour walnuts over the pineapple layer.
- Top with whipped cream.
- Decorate with strawberries and blueberries to create the American flag.
- Allow it to chill for a minimum of 1 hour. Say Grace and enjoy!