This Shrimp Jalapeno Popper Dip loaded with bacon and cheese is sure to be the center of attention at your Super Bowl party this year!
p style=”text-align: center;”>
Ok! The Super Bowl is vastly approaching and I realized that I hadn’t yet posted an appetizer that was worthy of said event. What’s the Bowl without calorie laden appetizers all around, right?!?! CONFESSION ALERT: I don’t know about you but I go to Super Bowl parties for the good food, great fellowship and the hilarious commercials. I’m not really there for “THE GAME”. I have a feeling there are others out there just like me, if you’ll actually admit it. 🙂 Don’t worry, I won’t tell a soul. 😉
Not only am I a bit behind with this, I thought I’d jump on this jalapeno popper dip bandwagon. I know, I know…like the world really needs another jalapeno popper dip? I make jalapeno poppers all the time for parties and gatherings and they’re always a big hit with the crowd but the idea of stuffing and wrapping individual peppers doesn’t appeal to me at the moment. With the busyness of life, I’m all about good and tasty food in a flash. What about you?
This appetizer combines all of the classic flavors of a jalapeno popper into a spicy, creamy, yet crunchy dip perfect for your Super Bowl party. Because hubby is such a seafood fanatic, I thought I’d add shrimp to the party just for him! This was a great idea because he loved it so much so that he ate it as his dinner meal. So now you know it’s gotta be good. I actually caught him table dancing while enjoying it. Served with any item worthy of scooping with no “Labor Intensive Stuffing” required makes it a hit with me as well! So serve it up at your Super Bowl party or your community of faith this year (Acts 2:42-47) and watch it disappear in a flash! Be sure to check out a few more of my appetizers like Grilled Steak Fajita Nachos, Party Buffalo Chicken Sliders, and French Onion Soup Dumplings. Say Grace and enjoy!
- 2 (8oz.) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 c. good mayonnaise
- 6 jalapenos, roasted, peeled and diced
- 6 thick cut bacon slices, cooked and chopped
- ½ lb. medium shrimp, peeled, deveined, roughly chopped
- 1½ c. sharp cheddar
- ½ c. mozzarella
- 1 c. panko bread crumbs
- ¼ c. butter, melted
- ¼ c. parmesan
- chopped bacon, garnish
- diced jalapeno, garnish
- pita chips, tortilla chips, crackers or french bread, for scooping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, cream the cream cheese and mayo until smooth.
- Toss in jalapenos, bacon, shrimp, cheddar and mozzarella and blend well.
- Scoop into a greased 10 X 13 casserole dish and spread evenly.
- In a small bowl, combine panko, butter until mixed well. Add parmesan and stir.
- Spread evenly over dip mixture.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until panko is golden brown and dip is bubbly. Say Grace and enjoy!!
Recipe adapted from My Baking Addiction