Salted Caramel bits and Ghirardelli chocolate baked to perfection will quickly become a cookie jar favorite!!
Hey There! How was your Thanksgiving?? Mine was filled with lots of family, friends and good times!! It’s such a joy to be able to spend time with loved ones that you may or may not be able to see otherwise throughout the year. I also got to get some Black Friday shopping in as usual. Finally got that Cuisinart electric pressure cooker that I always wanted. I can’t wait to put it to good use with some tasty stew recipes this winter!
After Black Friday shopping, I was able to start making these Salted Caramel & Chocolate Christmas cookies. Remember that cookie dough base from those Chunky Chocolate Walnut Cookies? You know the dough that took 2 days of planning? Well, it’s back in this Salted Caramel & Chocolate Cookie. What a winning team guys! Everyone loved these guys except Momma. Remember that I wonder about her sometimes. 🙂 Something about salted caramel and chocolate shouldn’t mix. WHAT!!! It’s the perfect combo in my opinion!! I’ll let you be the judge.
I first took delight in this special confection when I happened upon them at Arby’s earlier this year. What a rejoicing momemt?!?!? You guys already know how much time I spend with Salted Caramel Goodness, right? THE BOMB!!! I remember when they took this Salted Caramel & Chocolate Cookie off the menu for a couple months and I almost went bizerk!!! Something about peanut allergens and FDA requirements. The public simply got them to include a disclaimer on the ingredient list and they quickly brought them back. Well, in the meantime of said menu removal, this recipe was birthed! Yeaaa!!! And now I can share yet another patience development cookie with you!! Remember “Love is patient…” – 1 Corinthians 13:4. Say Grace and enjoy!!
- 8.5 ounces cake flour
- 8.5 ounces bread flour
- 1 and ¼ tsp. baking soda
- 1 and ½ tsp. baking powder
- 1 and ½ tsp. kosher salt
- 2 and ½ sticks unsalted butter, softened
- 10 ounces light brown sugar
- 8 ounces granulated sugar
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 12 oz. semi sweet chocolate chips
- 11 oz. caramel bits
- 1 and ½ cups nuts, toasted (optional)
- coarsely ground sea salt, for sprinkling
- Sift cake flour, bread flour, baking soda, baking powder and kosher salt into a large bowl. Set aside.
- Cream butter and sugars in the bowl of an electric mixture that's been fitted with a paddle attachment until light and whippy.
- Add eggs one at a time and mix well until completely combined.
- Stir in vanilla on low.
- Add dry ingredients to the mixer and combine just until mixed well.
- Stir chocolate chips, caramel bits and nuts (if using) in by hand
- Place bowl covered with plastic wrap in fridge
- After 48 hours, remove the bowl from the fridge. Dough will be extremely firm.
- Using a 2 inch cookie scoop, scoop dough out to make 48 cookies.
- Place cookies on a cookie sheet lined with a Silpat or parchment paper. Make sure that they're spread apart so that they don't meld together while baking.
- Sprinkle each one with coarsely ground sea salt and place in a 350 degree oven for 10-12 minutes. They should be golden brown and may appear to be slightly underdone.
- Transfer the entire baking sheet to a cooling rack and allow them 10 minutes to cool before placing each individual cookie on another cooling rack for a few minutes more. Say Grace and enjoy!!
Inspired by Arby’s