Lemon roasted chicken with tender green beans, sweet caramelized onions and crusty homemade croutons. This Lemon Chicken Sheet Pan Dinner with Croutons is loaded with tons of flavor without all of the extra effort.
I’ve been enjoying lots of lemon lately. My nutritionist says that’s it’s very beneficial to detoxing the liver, it also aids in digestion, rejuvenates skin and boosts energy levels. I decided to keep the trend going with this Lemon Chicken Sheet Pan Dinner with Croutons. I’ve made this dish several times with a whole chicken but to save time, I decided to use chicken parts and roast everything on a sheet pan for convenience.
This Lemon Chicken Sheet Pan Dinner with Croutons is loaded with flavor without all of the extra effort of roasting and stuffing an entire chicken. I used organic, no hormone added chicken legs an thighs, organic lemons and green beans. I even made my own homemade croutons from fresh french bread. Who doesn’t love a homemade croutons?!?!? This Lemon Sheet Pan Chicken with Croutons is just what the doctor ordered. I sure hope you give it a try!!!
We are what we consume, right? This holds true even spiritually! A spiritual detox????
Day 1: Repent From Sin – Psalm 32:5 reads, Finally, I confessed all my sins to you and stopped trying to hide my guilt. I said to myself, “I will confess my rebellion to the Lord.” And you forgave me! All my guilt is gone. (NLT). Rid yourself of old baggage in the form of bitterness, resentment and unforgiveness. Ephesians 4:31-32 states, Get rid of all bitterness, rage, anger, harsh words, and slander, as well as all types of evil behavior. Instead, be kind to each other, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, just as God through Christ has forgiven you.
Day 2: God’s Word instructs us to draw near to Him and allow our hearts to be cleansed. “Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me.” – Psalm 51:10 (KJV).
Day 3: Renew your mind with the Word of God. “Don’t copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God’s will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect.” Romans 12:2 (NLT).
Say Grace and enjoy!!
- 4 pounds chicken (legs and thighs)
- 1 lb. french green beans, tips removed
- 1 large sweet onion, sliced
- 3 T. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 T. kosher salt
- 2 tsp. black pepper
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 2 lemons, (1 juiced and 1 sliced)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 gluten free or almond demi baguette, cubed
- kosher salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- In a large bowl, combine chicken, lemon juice, oil, paprika, 1 T. kosher salt, and 2 tsp. black pepper.
- Add onions and green beans. Stir together until well coated.
- Layer beans and onions on baking sheet. Arrange chicken on top and brush with melted butter. Top with lemon slices.
- Roast in a 425 F oven, spooning pan juices over mixture, for about 40 to 45 minutes or until chicken is nicely browned and thermometer inserted in the center of chicken reads 165 F.
- Remove from oven and allow to rest for about 3 to 5 minutes.
- While chicken is roasting, prepare the croutons.
- Heat a large saute pan over high medium to high heat with 2 tablespoons of olive oil until really hot.
- Lower the heat to medium-low and saute the bread cubes, tossing frequently, until browned and crunchy, 8 to 10 minutes adding more olive oil as needed. Sprinkle with kosher salt and pepper to taste.
- Toss prepared croutons with sheet pan chicken and vegetables. Serve immediately. Say Grace an enjoy!!
Adapted from Barefoot In Paris