These kid-friendly frozen banana treats get drenched in delicious salted caramel and then covered with crunchy walnuts, almonds, peanuts and ooey-gooey melted chocolate.
Hey Guys!! I’m back with something actually sweet this week. Just because I’m not having sugar doesn’t mean that everyone has to suffer!!! Lol! That would be just cruel, right? My sweet grandgirls, Tianna and Makiyah (Be sure to meet them below in this month’s video!) came for a visit this weekend and we decided to make these Frozen Salted Caramel Banana Treats as Banana Lovers Day is vastly approaching this week. So Happy Banana Lovers Day!!! 🙂
Are you a banana lover? I buy them every week just for the hubby because he eats them daily so they’re always around. Some might say that they are one of the world’s healthiest foods…well maybe not after drenching them in delicious salted caramel and covering them with crunchy walnuts, almonds, peanuts and ooey-gooey melted chocolate. 🙂 Nonetheless, the grand girls really enjoyed these Frozen Salted Caramel Banana Treats! Who wouldn’t love caramel and chocolate covered fruit?!?! Anyway, as you know, bananas are a very good source of vitamin B6 and manganese, vitamin C, potassium, dietary fiber, potassium, and biotin so this is a great way to get some of those vitamins into the kiddos during these last few weeks of summer.
Sometimes these girls can be a handful together but what they have taught me is (for one) LOOOOOOOOTS of patience and to not make things so complicated. They really know and understand how to enjoy life and not to sweat the small stuff. They don’t put on airs or try to make big impressions or hold grudges as some of us adults tend to do. Everything is simplistic and uncomplicated in their minds. God’s Word states, “I tell you the truth, anyone who doesn’t receive the Kingdom of God like a child will never enter it.” – Luke 18:17 (NLT). Although challenging for me at times, this child-like attitude toward life will definitely simplify some of life’s craziest situations and make you at least chuckle at most of it’s mishaps. I’m certainly a work in progress!! Say Grace and enjoy!!!
Looking for more delicious banana recipes?? Try my Chocolate Chip Banana Nut Bread and my Banana Pudding Surprise Cupcakes!!!
- 8 bananas, peeled and cut in half
- Candied Nuts
- 1 egg white
- ½ c. brown sugar
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 c. walnuts
- 1 c. almonds
- 1 c. peanuts
- Salted Caramel Goodness, doubled
- 1 c. semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1 c. milk chocolate chips
- Sprinkles, optional
- 16 popsicle sticks
- Insert a popsicle stick into the cut end of the bananas to create a handle. Place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper for at least 4 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Whisk egg white in a medium bowl until bubbly. Add in all of the nuts, brown sugar and kosher salt. Combine well.
- Pour onto a parchment lined baking sheet and spread well. Bake for 10 minutes. Allow to cool and chop well.
- Melt chocolate chips in a glass bowl over a saucepan filled a quarter of the way with water over medium high heat.
- Dip the frozen banana into the salted caramel and then roll in the candied nuts mixture. Place on a parchment lined baking sheet. Drizzle with melted chocolate and optional sprinkles.
- Put the decorated bananas back into the freezer to set. Say Grace and enjoy!!
Adapted from Nancy Fuller