These Nacho Stuffed Mini Sweet Peppers are stuffed with taco seasoned ground beef and onions, drenched in a cheesy mornay sauce and topped with your traditional Tex-Mex fixins!!
Happiest Wednesday, Guys! I’m so excited to announce that my online store is now OPEN for business! I have the cutest inspirational hymnal tea towels available. They make the best gifts for housewarmings, party hostesses, teachers, friends and family. I’ll also have a potent batch of 100% Pure Vanilla Extract available in December just in time for your Christmas baking. It’s steeping away right now!!! I’m happy to say that it’s certified organic, kosher, non GMO, and gluten free so be sure to check it out as well!
So if you remember how much of a Tex-Mex fan I am, you’ll understand why I am in love with these Nacho Stuffed Mini Sweet Peppers today! Remember that nachos are probably #1 on my list when it comes to Tex-Mex as witnessed in these totchos, fajita nachos, and these nacho fries!!! These particular Nacho Stuffed Mini Sweet Peppers are stuffed with taco seasoned ground beef and onions and then drenched in a cheesy goodness mornay sauce. These Nacho Stuffed Mini Sweet Peppers were pretty difficult to step away from! But hey, there is no need to step away as they are a healthier option since we’re nixing the fried tortilla chips, right?
One of my readers sent me a song to encourage me this week. It talks about experiencing heartache through life and yet still trusting in God’s plan to fulfill His promises to us. He hears us but know that His plan is always best!!! Thy Will be done, oh Lord! Say Grace and enjoy!
“No eye has seen, no ear has heard, and no mind has imagined what God has prepared for those who love him.” – 1 Corinthians 2:9 (NLT).
For just as the heavens are higher than the earth, so my ways are higher than your ways and my thoughts higher than your thoughts.” – Isaiah 55:8-9 (NLT).
For I know the plans I have for you,” says the Lord. “They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope. -Jeremiah 29:11 (NLT).
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 small onion, diced
- Homemade Taco Seasoning
- 1 lb mini peppers, halved and seeded
- 1.5 T. butter
- 1.5 T. rice flour
- ½ c. whole milk
- ½ c. chicken bone broth
- hot sauce, optional to taste
- 1 cup Queso cheese, shredded
- chopped tomato, garnish
- crema, garnish
- jalapeño, garnish
- avocado, garnish
- Preheat oven to 400F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Place mini peppers in a single layer, cut-side up and roast for 15 minutes. Remove from oven.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, brown ground beef with onion until just cooked through, about 7 minutes.
- Add Homemade Taco Seasoning and sauté until well combined. Remove from heat.
- Make the cheese sauce - In a medium pot, add butter.
- Melt over medium to high heat, and add rice flour and cook it for about a minute.
- Whisk in milk, chicken stock and bring it to a boil.
- Wait for the mixture to thicken and remove the pot from the heat and add in cheese mixture and mix well.
- Salt and pepper cheese sauce to taste. Add in dashes of hot sauce, if desired.
- Pack ground beef mixture into the wells of each pepper. Return to oven to heat meat through for about 5-10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and top with cheese sauce and desired garnishes. Serve immediately. Say Grace and enjoy!