Guacamole Angel Eggs [Guacamole Deviled Eggs Recipe] are such a healthier alternative loaded with so much zesty flavor and are sure to please the pickiest guacamole lover.
I’m breaking the silence today. I struggled with this decision for so long but now I have peace about it. So here I go…I had a second miscarriage this past week. Sweet twin girls this time. We were devastated when we heard the news on Friday yet again during my 9 week sonogram. Two gestational sacs this time with no growing babies to be seen on the screen. During the Christmas season of 2015, we miscarried a precious boy at 8 weeks. So I have 3 babies at the feet of Jesus and yet, I’m still unshaken at the possibility of holding a sweet baby or two in my arms someday.
It’s easy to question God as to why He allows the diagnosis of infertility on so many women deserving of motherhood. However, my husband and I have decided to hold on to the promises of God and continue to speak life into our situation for “Children are an heritage of the Lord and the fruit of the womb is his reward.” – Psalm 127:3. We understand that this is a spiritual war against the enemy for he is the only one that comes to kill, steal and destroy. His plans are to thwart the plans of God to birth godly seed here in the earth. However, we already know that we have the victory over the enemy through Christ Jesus!! The enemy cannot and will not win for the battle is already won in our favor!!! Hallelujah!!! I encourage you today that if you’re facing the same challenges as myself to never lose hope in the promises of God. Is there anything too hard for the Lord? No, nothing is too hard for Him. Commit the matter to God in fervent prayer and know that “faith and patience inherit the promises.” -Hebrews 6:12 (KJV)
It’s not ironic that this post is about Guacamole Angel Eggs or [Guacamole Deviled Eggs Recipe], which are so tasty by the way. 🙂 Hubby always says that we’re not eating or promoting anything devilish hence our name change of the popular appetizer. We don’t and won’t ever allow the enemy a place or a foothold in our household. Now we all know that it simply means spicy or zesty food but still there is nothing devilish about these Guacamole Angel Eggs. These Guacamole Angel Eggs [Guacamole Deviled Eggs Recipe] are such a treat and they are loaded with so much flavor just like my Tasty Mango Guacamole. Be sure to serve them at your next party and watch them disappear!! Say Grace and enjoy!!
- 6 large eggs
- 1 medium avocado
- Juice of one small lime
- 1 T. finely chopped leeks
- 1 T. finely chopped jalapeno
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- ¼-1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- 2 T. finely diced seeded tomato
- 2 strips cooked chopped bacon, garnish
- chopped chives, garnish
- cayenne pepper (optional), garnish
- Place eggs in a medium saucepan and cover with cool water.
- With the lid on, bring eggs to a boil . Once boiling, remove from heat immediately and allow to continue to cook in the hot water for 18 minutes.
- Immediately drain the water and remove the eggs from the saucepan.
- Peel the cooled hard boiled eggs.
- Cut the eggs in half horizontally, and place the yolks in a small bowl.
- Add the avocado, lime juice, leeks, jalapeno, garlic, salt and pepper and adjust to taste.
- Stir in the tomato.
- Pipe the into the 12 halved eggs. Garnish with bacon, chives and cayenne pepper. Say Grace and enjoy!
Adapted from Alton Brown