These all natural paleo chocolate chip cookies are gluten free, grain free, dairy free, soy free, preservative free, GMO free and yet still incredibly DELICIOUS!!!
I’ve fallen in love again…with paleo cookies that is!!! I stumbled upon The Paleo Cookie Company cookies during a visit to my local Plum Market. I thought they looked great and then I saw they were Paleo, I thought let’s give it a shot so I could see what the craze was all about.
Have you heard of this lifestyle of eating by the way? Basically it means that if it can be hunted and gathered, then you’re good to go! So meats, fish, nuts, leafy greens, veggies, and seeds are all allowed but you must say goodbye to refined sugars, pastas, grains and dairy!! Ouch!! Let’s just say my nutritionist loves this diet. She says it has a great anti-inflammatory effect.
Anyway, I put the cookies in my cart along with some other groceries and headed home. I get home and try the cookie and I immediately start waltzing across the kitchen floor. It was nothing short of spectacular!!!
I had found an all natural, healthy cookie that was gluten free, grain free, dairy free, soy free, preservative free, GMO free and still DELICIOUS!!! OMG!! I then noticed that my 4 Paleo Chocolate Chip Cookies were $10.99!!! WHAT?!?!?! I must admit that I even did it twice!!! The struggle was SO real!!! I knew then that if I was going to continue to enjoy these yummy cookies, that I was gonna have to make them myself.
So I scoured the internet to find something that I thought would come close to what I had come to know and love in this Paleo Chocolate Chip cookie. The Paleo Cookie Company actually lists their ingredients but of course not the full recipe so I had a good place to start.
I made 12 cookies for about the same price of the 4 that I bought from Plum Market! SCORE!!! Guys, you’ve just got to try them for yourself and let me know what you think. I just can’t stop eating them which may or may not defeat the purpose. Hubby enjoyed them as well! Can you believe an ole country boy could actually enjoy a Paleo cookie???YEP! Now that’s a miracle!!! Whether you try these delicious Paleo cookies or not, remember “So whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God.” – Corinthians 10:31 (NLT). Amen? Say Grace and enjoy!!
- 1¼ c. + 2 T. blanched almond flour
- ¼ tsp. baking soda
- ¼ tsp. sea salt
- 6 T. unrefined coconut oil (not melted)
- ⅓ c. maple syrup
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- ½ c. unsweetened shredded coconut
- ⅓ c. 70% Cacao Chocolate chips (I used Enjoy Life)
- ¼ c. chopped pecans, toasted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine almond flour, baking soda, and sea salt.
- In another bowl, add the coconut oil, maple, egg. Mix well.
- Add in vanilla and mix well.
- Fold in coconut, chocolate chips and pecans.
- Using a cookie scoop, make 12 cookies and place on a parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Bake for 14-15 minutes and allow to cool on the pan for 5 minutes. Remove to a cooling rack to finish cooling. Say Grace and enjoy!!
Inspired by MommyPotamus