This Slow Cooker Bacon Cheeseburger Soup will free up some precious time and provide comfort for the entire family right down to the last slurp!!!
Happy Thanksgiving Eve, Folks!!! We made it!! Are you ready????? Or are you still hustling like I am to get everything complete??? Remember when things get really hectic, I tend to rely on my trusty slow cooker to make things easy-peasy!!! The night before Thanksgiving, I always like to have something completely opposite of anything associated with the BIG DAY since we’ll be enjoying its leftovers for a few days to come. So today, I’ve got this Slow Cooker Bacon Cheeseburger Soup going!! Who doesn’t love a good ole’ bacon cheeseburger?!?! YUM!!! This hearty dinner has got just about every single cheeseburger element all rolled together in a comforting warm bowl of soup. I threw in some kale to mimic the lettuce and even used sesame seed hamburger buns to make some tasty croutons to boot!
What a winner this Slow Cooker Bacon Cheeseburger Soup is guys!!!!The addition of smoky bacon really takes it over the top!! I just tossed everything into the slow cooker so that it wouldn’t derail me from my multiple tasks ahead like Momma’s Cornbread Dressing with Turkey Gravy, Southern Style Macaroni and Cheese, Sweet Potato Casserole with a Marshmallow Streusal, Homemade Cranberry Sauce, Rosemary and Garlic Rolls, Pecan Pie Brownies and 7-Up Pound Cake. What are you prepping today by the way?!?!
As you gather with family and friends tomorrow, I pray that you remember to give thanks unto the Lord; for He is good: because his mercy endureth forever. Psalm 118:1 (KJV). Have an awesome and blessed Thanksgiving, guys!! Remember to Say Grace and enjoy!
- 2 lbs. ground beef
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large onion, diced
- 14.5 oz can Garlic and Onion diced tomatoes
- 4 cups beef broth
- 2 large russet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 cans cheddar cheese soup
- 1 T. Worcestershire
- 1 T. ketchup
- 1 T. mustard
- 2 T. pickle juice
- 1 T. grill seasoning
- ½ tsp. black pepper
- ¼ tsp. cayenne pepper
- 8 oz. Velveeta, cubed
- 2 c. shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 4 c. torn kale (optional)
- Kosher salt, to taste
- 2. T. butter
- 4 sesame seed hamburger bun tops, diced into cubes, garnish
- 8 slices bacon, cooked and chopped, garnish
- diced pickles, garnish
- diced tomato, garnish
- red onion, garnish
- Heat a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Add ground beef, onion and garlic; cook until browned, about 5 minutes. Make sure not to crumble beef so much and keep some nice sized chunks in there. Drain excess fat and toss in slow cooker.
- Add diced tomatoes, beef broth, potatoes, cheddar cheese soup, Worcestershire, ketchup, mustard, pickle juice, grill seasoning, black pepper, cayenne pepper.
- Set slow cooker for 3-4 hours on high.
- After cooking for a couple hours, add in cheeses and kale. Cook for 1-2 more hours. Cheese should be melted and kale wilted. Add salt to taste, if needed.
- When ready to serve, melt butter over medium-high heat. Add bread cubes and saute until browned. Remove from heat.
- Add all desired garnishes including croutons. Say Grace and enjoy!