A classic Thanksgiving sweet potato casserole topped with a decadent streusel and toasted creamy mini marshmallows.
Okay okay okay…I caved!!!! Taking several months off from sugar has definitely made my body operate at a more optimal level. But now with the holidays coming up it’s kind of hard to avoid it entirely in my opinion. Why???? You’ve got cakes and pies and treats and now this Sweet Potato Casserole with a Marshmallow Streusel to enjoy. So I’ve decided 2 limit my sugar intake rather than to continue to cut it out entirely. Let’s not go jumping off any more sugar cliffs now. Moderation is key!
My girlfriend Cheryl stops by this week to try my sweet potato casserole with marshmallows streusel and boy did she love it! This sweet treat is a must at your Thanksgiving table this year! This Sweet Potato Casserole with a Marshmallow Streusel is so decadently delicious that you only need a little bit to satisfy that sweet craving that abounds every now and then. Oh my!!! I sure hope you give this deliciousness a try. Your family and friends will just kiss you for it!!
Did you know that God desires a true friendship with you? He wants to be close to each and every one of us. The Word states, “If God is for us, who can ever be against us?” – Romans 8:31 (NLT). You see with God in our corner, we have Him cheering us on and helping us just like our closest friends here on earth. Thank God for His friendship for certainly cheering us on toward the victory!! Say Grace and enjoy!!
Got a sweet potato fix???? Check out my Sweet Potato Blondies with Cream Cheese Frosting!!!
- Sweet Potato Mixture
- 4½ c. roasted sweet potatoes (about 4 medium)
- ¾ c. butter, melted
- ⅓ c. milk
- 1 c. white sugar
- ½ tsp. cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ tsp. coconut extract
- ½ tsp. lemon extract
- 2 eggs, beaten
- Marshmallow Streusel Topping
- ¾ c. light brown sugar
- ½ c. graham cracker crumbs
- 1 c. oatmeal
- ⅓ c. butter, cold
- 1 cup chopped pecans and/or walnuts
- ½ tsp. vanilla
- ¼ tsp. cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. nutmeg
- 2 c. mini marshmallows
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a 9x13 inch baking casserole dish.
- In a large bowl, mix sweet potatoes, butter, milk, sugar, vanilla, coconut and lemon extracts and eggs.
- Spread mixture into the casserole dish.
- Make the Streusel - In a small bowl, mix together brown sugar, graham cracker crumbs, and oatmeal.
- Cut in cold butter until mixture is crumbly, then stir in nuts.
- Sprinkle streusel over the sweet potatoes and top with marshmallows.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until marshmallows are nicely browned.