This slow cooker spicy lentil chili will hit the spot right in time for the cozy fall season!!!
Hello again!!! Twice in one week, guys!!! I hope that you’ve starting thumbing through some of those tasty recipes in my new eCookbook, Deliciously Healthy 30 Minute Meals. Be sure to let me know what you think about them as I certainly look forward to your feedback. After all, you’re a big part of its origination.
As promised on Monday, I wanted to share a yummy recipe for a Slow Cooker Spicy Lentil Chili with you this week. Don’t you just love chili and slow cooker season???? Although I truly love the beauty of the fall season, I totally dislike the idea of eventually wearing socks and covering my ankles. I’m just not ready for that part I tell you!!! I love making this chili in the Hamilton Beach Set ‘n Forget Programmable Slow Cooker because it frees me up to take care of other things, like making this Salted Caramel Apple Dump Cake for a marriage event this past weekend. They all loved it by the way!!
Now back to this tasty Slow Cooker Spicy Lentil Chili. I been on a bit of a lentil kick lately. I never knew that I’d enjoy them this much and quite frankly I wish I’d met them sooner!! 🙂 Thanks to Momma’s introduction, I absolutely love them!! They’re loaded with protein and fiber so I feel great about eating them often. By the way, if you guys haven’t tried my Crushed Lentil Soup with Lamb Meatballs, you’re in for another delicious treat!!
You guys know how much I love spice, so I wanted to make this particular Lentil Chili nice and SPICY so in goes an entire jalapeno pepper, seeds and all!!! The entire family really loved it!! There’s nothing worse than bland, tasteless chili in my opinion. And just like this chili needs some spice to make it nice, the condition of our world is in desperate need of the Love of God. Our goals as Christians should be to spice things up in this world daily with God’s unchanging LOVE. So how will you spice things up with your Love seed today? Matthew 5:13-16. Say Grace and enjoy!! 🙂
- 2 lbs. ground beef
- 2 c. diced onion
- 1.5 c. dried brown lentils
- ¾ c. dried pinto beans, soaked overnight
- 1.5 c. frozen corn kernels
- 14.5 oz. can Mexican stewed tomatoes
- 14.5 oz. Chili Ready diced tomatoes
- 10 oz. can Rotel HOT
- 2 small cans diced green chiles
- 1 HOT & SPICY taco seasoning packet (or make your own here adding extra red pepper)
- 1 ranch seasoning packet (or make your own here)
- 2 c. tomato juice
- 1 whole fresh jalapeno
- 2-3 c. beef broth (depending on how soupy you like it)
- avocado, garnish
- shredded cheese, garnish
- sour cream, garnish
- scallions, garnish
- cilantro, garnish
- Brown the beef and onions in a large skillet over medium high heat. Drain.
- Toss in a large slow cooker.
- Add the lentils, beans, corn, tomatoes, green chiles, black olives, green olives, taco seasoning, ranch seasoning mix, tomato juice and whole jalapeno.
- Cook in a slow cooker on high for 5-6 hours adding beef broth as needed.
- Ladle into a bowl and top with desired garnishes. Say Grace and enjoy!!
Adapted from Paula Deen