This Salted Caramel Apple Dump Cake is loaded with the traditional flavors of apple cobbler but 10 times better!!
Hey Guys! I guess I’ve been in an apple kinda mood lately! What’s the saying? An apple a day keeps the doctor away!! So what if they’re covered in Salted Caramel Goodness, right??? I wanted to quickly share with you this easy family recipe for Salted Caramel Apple Dump Cake. My hubby’s family actually calls it Dump Pie but no one ever really knows what I’m referencing when I say Dump Pie. So for today, I’m sticking with Salted Caramel Apple Dump Cake. You with me??? Hubby’s Aunt Lou introduced me to this easy family favorite. You may want to reference my Peach Dump Pie recipe for the full story. 🙂
With Grilling Season…I mean Memorial Day coming up later this month, I thought I’d share this easy dessert fitting for the holiday. It’s such an easy dessert to make for a HUGE crowd. Remember hubby’s family is bigger than a large-sized remote town in Bulgaria so if you’ve gotta feed a small neighborhood this Memorial Day, here is your WINNER! Just double the recipe or even quadruple it like Aunt Lou does and your neighbors will be anxious to move right in. Lol!!
If you’re a big apple lover like me, you may want to also check out my lazy Salted Caramel-Pecan Apple Slab on for size, which is great for a crowd or large family as well. Speaking of crowds and neighbors…do you ever reach out to yours? I know that times have changed and neighboring is not as common as it once was in the “olden” days. However, God instructs us to “Love our neighbor as yourself.” – Mark 12:31 (KJV). God has given the ultimate gift of Love through His Son, Jesus and we’ve been commanded to spread His Love through our deeds and words to others. Our very own neighborhoods are great places to start. Maybe you’ll spread some love with this Salted Caramel Apple Dump Cake today! Say Grace and enjoy!!
- 4 apples (I used Fuji, Granny Smith, Pink Lady, and Honey Crisp), peeled and diced
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 2 T. cornstarch
- ¼ c. sugar
- 1½ tsp. cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. nutmeg
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- ½ c. Salted Caramel Goodness
- 1 c. toasted pecans
- ½ c. apple juice
- 1 box Butter Cake Mix
- 2 sticks butter, melted
- Vanilla Ice Cream, for serving
- Salted Caramel Goodness, garnish
- Toasted Pecans, garnish
- In a large bowl, combine diced apples with lemon juice.
- Add cornstarch, lemon zest, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and vanilla. Mix well.
- Dump apple mixture into a greased 10X13 casserole dish.
- Pour about a ½ cup of salted caramel over the apples, sprinkle pecans on top and pour in apple juice.
- Dump cake mix right over the top, spreading evenly.
- Melt butter over low heat on the stove and pour evenly over entire dish, making sure that the butter covers every morsel as you don't want white patches to develop. This will ensure an even golden brown color over the entire pie.
- Place the dish in a 350 degree oven for about 50 minutes. It should be bubbly, brown and crusty all over!
- Serve immediately out of the oven with a scoop of ice cream, more salted caramel and pecans. Say grace and enjoy!
Adapted from Aunt Lou