A decadent dark chocolate brownie layered with a creamy, no-bake cheesecake is drizzled with a dreamy homemade salted caramel sauce.
If you’ve been following me, you’ll recall that I got to attend BlogHer Food in Chicago last month. Not only did I get to meet the lovely, Ree Drummond of Pioneer Woman, I also got to meet the talented Jocelyn Delk Adams of Grandbaby Cakes. She was representing Bailey’s Coffee Creamers and they were featuring her delicious Cookie Cheesecake Swirl Bars and boy were they ever tasty! I must have had 6 or 10 of them during the conference. I lost count as I pretended to be a new visitor at each sampling. 🙂 They were just that great!
Needless to say these super simple no-bake cheesecake bars inspired me to recreate them with a decadent dark chocolate Ghirardelli brownie base. Oh my BROWNIE! The result was nothing short of pure amazement! These Salted Caramel Cheesecake Brownies are so yummy!! This recipe uses the lightest, creamiest cheesecake ever! Thank you Jocelyn! The delicious boxed brownie mix and luxurious cheesecake are combined with the dreamiest homemade salted caramel. You remember my salted caramel addiction, right? I’d bathe in it if it wasn’t just weird! 🙂
Hubby took these babies to work and he says that, “Everyone lost their minds over those cheesecake bars!” This means they were great, right? Well, that’s what I’m going with anyway. 🙂 So here’s to thanking God for a sound mind according to 2 Timothy 1:7 (KJV) and for these delicious Salted Caramel Cheesecake Brownies. Let me know what you think! Say Grace and enjoy! 🙂
- 1 box Ghirardelli Dark Chocolate Brownie Mix
- ¼ c. water
- ½ c. canola oil
- 1 egg
- Cheesecake Filling
- ½ c. heavy whipping cream
- 2 (8 oz.) packages cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 c. granulated sugar
- ⅓ c. BAILEYS™ Coffee Creamers Caramel Flavor
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Salted Caramel Sauce
- 1 c. sugar
- 6 T. salted butter
- ½ c. whipping cream
- 1 tsp. sea salt or fleur de sel
- ½ c. walnuts, toasted, chopped
- Make the salted caramel - Pour sugar in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Whisk until the sugar has completely melted. Allow the sugar to get nice and bubbly brown.
- As soon as your sugar turns that beautiful deep amber caramel color, add the butter and whisk until your butter has melted.
- Turn off your burner and add the whipping cream
- Whisk until all of the half and half has been combined.
- Add the sea salt and stir.
- Make the brownies - Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Spray 2, 8x8" baking pans with non-stick baking spray.
- Blend water, oil and egg in medium bowl. Add mix and stir until moistened. Spoon batter evenly into prepared pans.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Cool to room temperature.
- Make the cheesecake - Pour heavy cream into a stand mixer and mix on high speed until heavy peaks develop. Store thickened cream in a separate bowl in the refrigerator.
- Add cream cheese to stand mixer and mix on medium high speed.
- Add sugar and creamer to bowl and mix until well blended. Scraping down the sides of the bowl. Add vanilla and mix until combined.
- Fold thickened cream into cream cheese mixture.
- Evenly spread ½ c. of salted caramel on both cooled brownies.
- Pour half of cheesecake filling over each brownie pan and spread until even.
- Freeze for at least 4 hours. Cut into 3 rows horizontally and vertically to create 9 bars then refrigerate.
- When ready to serve, drizzle with caramel sauce and toasted pecans. Say Grace and enjoy!
Inspired by Grandbaby Cakes, Cookie Cheesecake Swirl Bars