These oven roasted, mighty tender beef ribs are succulent and deliciously, fall off the bone great!!
Happy Labor Day, Guys! How are you celebrating the holiday! We are enjoying these deliciously tender, mighty beef spare ribs! I have some family members and friends that don’t eat pork and I like to be able to cater to their dietary convictions. My mom took me down to the Eastern Market Meat District and I had a smorgasbord of beef spare rib racks to choose from along with so many other delectably, delicious meats. I was like a kid in a candy store. It was hard for her to pull me out of that place. I can’t wait to get back in there!! 🙂
I’ve searched high and low over the years for the best recipe for beef spare ribs. I’ve tried beer, wine and mustard marinades to get them tender enough to pull right off the bone, but never had really great success with them. I discovered the answer this year and it was right in front of me all along! LOW and SLOW!! Duh!!! It dawned on me that whenever I cook tougher cuts of meat, I always cook them on low and slowly in order to create the most tender outcome. From short ribs to beef neck bones to oxtails, this method always gets said desired result. So glad the answer was right there all along!! 🙂 So no need to drag out that grill, guys! Wrap your racks in foil, place them in the oven and honestly, forget about them. The most difficult part is the cleaning process, but after that, they’re as easy as pie!! Or you can hire maids. I also applied a dry rub and let them sit overnight in the fridge to create the best flavor all the way down to the bone! I’m so happy to have discovered this method as the fall season is approaching and colder temps are soon to come. Now I can have delicious ribs right smack dab in the middle of winter!! 🙂
These Mighty Beef Ribs are sure to be a big hit with your family! They are tender, oh so delicious and so HUGE and MIGHTY that you can really only enjoy one, maybe two of ’em, at most. And in hubby’s case, three!! 🙂 Your family will just love you for it! These Mighty Beef Ribs remind me of how Great, Strong and Mighty my God is!! Who is this King of glory? The Lord strong and mighty, the Lord mighty in battle. Lift up your heads, O ye gates; even lift them up, ye everlasting doors; and the King of glory shall come in. Who is this King of glory? The Lord of hosts, he is the King of glory. Selah. Psalm 24:8-10 (KJV). My Mighty King has given us all eternal life and hope! Do you know Him? I’m happy to make the introduction. Say Grace and enjoy!!
- 4 (5 lb.) slabs beef spare ribs
- ¼ c. plus 2T. dark brown sugar
- ¼ c. plus 2T. white sugar
- ¼ c. smoked paprika
- 2 T. garlic powder
- 1 T. ground black pepper
- 1 T. ground ginger
- 1 T. onion powder
- ½ tsp. cumin
- ½ tsp. chili powder
- Kosher salt
- 1 tsp. rosemary powder
- 1 bottle KC Masterpiece BBQ Sauce
- Clean slabs by removing the tough membrane on the underside near the bones. This will take some effort but the result is superb!
- Remove the long vein on the underside found in between some of the bones.
- Toss all of the seasonings except for the salt together in a bowl and mix well.
- Lather the ribs with a drizzle of vegetable oil on both sides along with about 2-3 T. of the seasoning.
- Sprinkle about ½ tsp. of kosher salt per pound of meat on the slabs.
- Place them in the fridge and marinate them overnight or at least 12 hours.
- Once ready to roast, pull the slabs out of the fridge and allow the meat to come to room temperature.
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees
- In a roasting pan on the top of the stove, sear the meaty sides of the slabs over medium high heat for several minutes to seal in the flavor and create a nice crust.
- Wrap each slab separately and tightly in heavy duty aluminum foil.
- Place them in one layer on baking sheets.
- Roast the slabs for 4-5 hours depending on their size.
- Once completely tender, remove them from the oven and slather them with bbq sauce. Say Grace and enjoy!!
Dry Rub adapted from Meathead