These delicious Key Lime Cheesecake bars are light, creamy and seriously hard to resist!
Last day to enter my 1st Blogiversary Giveaway!!!!
When I discovered that Nabisco created this new cookie flavor, I almost fell off my chair! I must say that they’re getting more and more creative with their limited editions and full line of cookies. From Berry Burst to Golden Oreo to Mint to S’Mores to Chocolate Covered to Birthday Cake and now to Key Lime Pie! I wonder if they’ve made a complete overhaul on their R&D department. Nonetheless, thumbs up to Nabisco!! I absolutely love this new Key Lime Oreo flavor. It captures the traditional flavors so well! From the graham flavored cookie to the key lime flavored crème. It’s a winner! My family thought so too! I filled the cookie jar with a pack and they were gone in a flash!
My wheels got to churning regarding how I would use this new flavor in a recipe. Who doesn’t love Key Lime Pie?!?! You get the best of both worlds. It’s tart and sweet all in the same bite. What an explosion to the palette!!! I thought instead of making a traditional key lime pie, I could make a key lime cheesecake in bar form. Ummmmm!!! I thought adding cream cheese to an already creamy texture would set it OFF! I was right! It came out so creamy, yet still so light! I kept eating it bite after bite after bite. I’m glad I made these into small squares. That way I wouldn’t fill so guilty about eating more than one. I guess once you’ve made it to three squares though, you’re back to ground zero! Everything in moderation went out the door with these bars. I took it one step even further for creaminess. I added a layer of sour cream combined with sugar and key lime zest. Wow! Out of the park for creamy texture! Loved it!
I’m giving the rest of these to hubby to take to work as I don’t think I can be trusted with these babies anymore. When it doubt, get them out and share them with the world or at least with General Motors. 🙂 Alright folks, I need to take a few runs around the block! Get yourselves to your local grocer and pick up this Key Lime Oreo Limited Edition before it’s too late! You’ll be running around the block too. 🙂 Talk soon! Say Grace and enjoy! 🙂
- 21 Nabisco Key Lime Oreos
- 4 T. unsalted butter, melted
- 8 oz. cream cheese, room temperature
- 4 egg yolks, room temperature
- 1 (14oz.) can sweetened condensed milk
- ½ cup key lime juice (12-14 limes) (feel free to use bottled key lime juice if you can't find key limes)
- zest of 2 limes, divided
- 1 c. sour cream, room temperature
- 2 T. sugar
- Place 16 oreos in a food processor and pulse until you have fine crumbs to make the crust.
- Mix with melted butter and press into an 8X8 baking square that has been lined with parchment paper or foil.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 10 minutes. Remove and allow to cool.
- Turn the oven down to 325 degrees
- While the crust is baking, cream the cream cheese until fluffy and then beat in the egg yolks, milk, lime juice and the zest of 1 lime until combined.
- Once combined, pour onto your cooled crust and bake in the oven until the middle is slightly jiggly. About 15-17 minutes.
- While the bars are baking, blend sour cream and sugar with the zest of another lime.
- Remove the bars from the oven and allow to cool for about 10 minutes.
- Spread sour cream mixture over the bars being careful not to disturb them as they haven't set up yet.
- Place in the oven for 5 more minutes.
- Coarsely crush the remaining cookies in a plastic storage bag and scatter over the bars.
- Allow to completely cool on a rack before placing them in the fridge to set for at least 4 hours or up to one day.
- Remove from the fridge and slice into squares with a hot knife. Say Grace and enjoy!
Adapted from The Joy of Cooking